Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 08:50 PM

A group of 4 want to take a Misty Fjords flightseeing tour in Ketchikan on 6/12/08. We are concerned about the weather since it rains quite a bit there. A local tour pilot said if we are concerned, we should not book until we get there. He said seats should still be available around mid June. Should I take the chance and wait? (I guess I could read the weather forecast on the Internet around 6/8 and then call to reserve.) Any advise is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:12 AM

Any tour with a limited capacity (small boats, planes, etc.) will book up quickly. I would suggest booking now, but find out what their cancellation policy is to see if it will allow for "wiggle room" if the weather isn't safe (it should!)

You can't let a little rain hold you back from enjoying your time in Alaska... it rains all the time here in SE! If I waited until it wasn't raining to do anything, I'd never get anything done!

Happy Alaska Travels!
-Case
Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Thanks. We will go ahead and book. Island Wings and Seawind Aviation were mentioned a few times in Port-Chat. Was that some sort of advertisements? How about Southeast Aviation? Are they good?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:11 AM

All are reputable companies that have great safety records and run amazing tours. I would book with the one that fit your schedule best... call them all and check availability for your group.

-Case
Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM

I took your advise and just made a reservation. Thanks!!

Closed Thread

Tags
ahead, alaska, aviation, book, cancellation, cruise, cruises, fee, fjord, fjords, flightseeing, misty, princess, review, reviews, southeast, time, tour, weather