Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 PM

We get patches from our doctor when we have cruised. I have only needed one 1 day, but they were good to have. The patch looks like a small bandaid and goes behind your ear.

Quote:
Originally posted by rarecat:
Hi ColJenni, I'm just interested in finding out whether your husband did get sea-sick from the aft cabin. Also anyone else has information on the aft cabin? I have been assigned an aft cabin but dead centre so presumably it shouldn't be affected by any side to side rocking. Can anyone advise me as to whether I should ask for reassignment as I am prone to sea-sickness? Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by ColJenni:
We have a "hold" on an aft cabinon Deck 8 for an early June cruise up the Alaskan Inside Passage cruise on a 90,000 ton ship. This is our first cuise and my husband is prone to motion sickness. I have read conflicting reports re: sea sickness. I know they say it is best to be in mid-ship low as possible. But, others say they have never experienced seasickness being in an aft cabin. In fact - crew members told them to go to the back of the boat when feeling sick. Do you really feel much of a difference in the motion in the back of the ship? Also, is the vibration bad? Thanks so much for any input for these first time cruisers!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM

My recommendation for sea sickness is vitamin E pills. I happen to get sea sick. I've been on cruises before that we've hit tail end of hurricanes, let me tell you it gives you a new meaning of rough seas. You know it's bad when the crew is sick too. A couple of things to remember. Make sure you eat, don't over drink and take vitamin E.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:25 PM

These are great tips. We had 3 people in our group that were sick. 2 of them lied down and were sick for over 24 hours. The other was my wife and we listened to some seasoned cruisers and the advice was to eat little things and stay out in the fresh air. Do not stay in the cabin. The other suggestion was to get into hot ub for awhile. This also helped another cruiser. Have fun!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Hi Jenni - Don't get over worried. I was a merchant seaman in the 1960's and was seasick each and every trip on ships a fraction of the size you are going on.... the bigger the better.
The best advise I can offer is get plenty of Fresh Air, and take small light snacks often and enjoy yourself. I am also cruising in June!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Food, fresh air, and the hot tub! Sound like great choices for me!

Thanks everyone for the tips!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mob122906:
He suggested using 1/2 of the patch instead of a whole one, unless I thought I needed more.
I'm intrigued about how you would use half of a patch. Call me kurius or anything else but that is what stuck in me head.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Hank, haven't you ever taken half a pill?

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, cabin, cabins, cruise, dizzy, front, location, make, motion, sea, seasickness, ship, sick, sickness, vitamin