Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 05:22 PM

I'm on the Celebrity Infinity which will be at Icy Strait Point on May 24, 2006. I've found a private whale watching trip which looks better than the one offered through Celebrity's Shore Excursions: the SE is about 2 hours 30 minutes for $120 (doesn't say how big the boat is), while the private one (thru F.I.S.H.E.S) is for 4 hours for $150 on a small boat (35') which carries a max of six passengers. We need a minimum of 4 persons, so I'm looking for 3 other people. Anyone interested?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:21 AM

Hi Catlady this is Katlady. I will be on the cruise with my Husband no kids. I would be interested in knowing more about the whale watching as you have not booked any shore excursions yet.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 AM

Hi Katlady -
Here's the web site for the F.I.S.H.E.S. charter company. I got a referral to them from another local company that does whale watching tours but which didn't start up for the season until after May 24. I just got an e-mail from the wife Marjorie and she says they have gotten 2 reservations. So with you and me it's a definite trip. You need to send a $30 deposit (20% of the cost) to secure a reservation. It is a small company that does fishing charters and wildlife trips.
http://www.visitHoonah.com/fishes/
Old 03-16-2006, 05:53 AM

Thank you for the information. I spoke with my husband about it and viewed the website. unfortunately we decided against it. Sorry about that. One of the problems we had is that we wanted to use a credit card to book it and this company doesn't take credit cards. I wish you luck finding someone and I hope you see lots of whales. I picked end of May because whales start their migration from hawaii and Mexico in April http://www.destinationoceans.com/ala...eID=248#whales so hopefully some whales will be there end of May.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:22 PM

Catlady it's the other Katlady here. I was on another board and a couple from singopore is looking for another couple for whale watching here's a quote "I'm thinking of going on a whale watching cruise with Capt Louis at Juneau - 4 to 6 persons in a boat. Capt Louis hasn't replied to my second email for further details but he did say that he's available and that 2 more persons are required" This is on the cruise critic roll call. Also Cruise critic is hosting a party through celebrity we have 66 people signed up and it's free. here's a link. http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/connections.cfm I hope to see you there that helps you.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, captain, charters, cruise, icey, icy, juneau, louis, point, private, reviews, straight, strait, watch, watching, whale