Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 PM

We are going on a land cruise tour with Princess the last week of August the first week of September (land first then cruise) and I would like to know if that is too late to see the wildlife and what the temps are usually like.

First time to Alaska (2nd cruise) and I am so excited. I have been studying up on all of the different things to do and want to get as much knowlege from you guys in the know as possible.

I am so excited.....I am driving my husband and family crazy.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 AM

Welcome to cruise chat. You should be able to see animals. You see more baby animals in the Spring time though. Alaska weather is hit or miss so take a combination of both cool and warm weather clothes. You can dress in layers.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Hi Lizzyjane,

We have been on Alaskan cruises twice. Once in early July and once in late August. We saw a lot more wildlife in late August. Because the salmon are running in August, there are more bear sightings. At the Mendenhal glacier in Juneau, there was a mother bear feeding salmon to her twins, just off one of the paths.

We also saw many whales spouting alongside the ship and even some dolphins.

Lucky you - enjoy your cruise.
Judy

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, august, begining, beginning, caribbean, cruise, end, late, mid, reviews, september, weather, week, wildlife