Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Following our wedding on the Star Princess this year, we would love to spend our first anniversary cruising.
Spoilt for choice between Alaska or the Norwegian fjords at the moment.
Whilst my husband would like to go to Norway, i have always wanted to see Alaska and hopefully manage to see some whales.
Any advice?
Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Either would make a wonderful anniversary. There are many similarities between Norway and Alaska; but Norway is so much closer. I would be inclined to cruise Norway, save the expense and the aggravation of the long flight, and have a relaxing time together.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Hi WelshTracy, and congratulations on planning your first anniversary cruise!

We returned last month from a Norwegian fjords cruise -- it was, quite simply, the most beautiful and majestic scenery we have ever experienced. Each port brought something new. And, for the most part, we were the only ship in port, so rarely had to put up with crowds.

While we did not see many whales, we did see a lot of reindeer on our way to North Cape.

In all fairness, I have not yet been to Alaska, although it is on the to-do list. The reason we chose Norway first was to go before many more people discovered this wonderful cruising destination.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 AM

Chance your plan and go to the last continent on south...Antarctica.There you will see million of wales.I been ther ( working on bord) with the Explorer2.It is a must in our life...www.explorer2cruises.com-here you can find information about the nice ship.
Wales...www.printmyphoto.eu
Enjoy the pictures and have a talk to your husband.Lots of love from Italy...
Old 08-18-2007, 03:05 PM
As a norwegian I'm obliged to say Norwegian Fjords! I've never been to Alaska but I've been told It's very nice too.

If you want a special cruise, try the Norwegian Coastal express from Bergen. In addition to being a cruise this is a line that carries cargo along the coast.

When it comes to whales they can turn up anywhere at any time. You will also probably be offered to try whale steak in some of the ports.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Zodiac,

Beautiful pictures! Do you still work on the cruise ships?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by digdmr:
Zodiac,

Beautiful pictures! Do you still work on the cruise ships?
NO...I found the men of my life on bord.After 10 years at sea I 'm home in beautyfull italy.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, fjoerd, fjords, norway, norwegian, norweigan, norweigian, pictures, port, review, reviews, similarities, trip, wales