Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Day 10 of our July tour/cruise takes us to Haines, but I can't locate a lot of information about Haines or why they (HAL) are docking there as most of the other lines seem to like Skagway.

Any suggestions on excursions in and around Haines for the day (6:30AM-9PM) that we will be there?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2006, 08:30 AM

Even the ships that dock in Skagway have tours in Haines. They are a very short distance and boat ride from each other. Haines is a very small town formally used more as a military base.

The best tours in Haines all involve going to see wildlife. There are some great tours going back to see the eagles as well as possible sightings of moose and other wildlife.

I have not been on HAL in Alaska but have cruised Alaska many times. As I said the best tours in Haines will be to see wildlife. Seeing they are so close you may find some tours to Skagway also.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Hello. We did Alaska on Princess last July. We did Haines, because it is less commom a port. It is gorgeous. Read my Haines review, log in, click the "Find" tab, and type in the 2 words Haines River, and my review is the first at the top. We did the Chilkat River Float. We have never been to Skagway, so I can not compare the too. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Read my Haines review, log in, click the "Find" tab, and type in the 2 words Haines River, and my review is the first at the top.
Thanks for alerting me about your post. Good information. I had never used the search feature before and I found it most helpful.

Closed Thread