Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 AM

I am thinking of booking hotels and the Alaskan Railroad with Alaskan Tour and Travel. Are they a reputable company? They seem to have seats on the train, where my travel agent says they're slim pickings!! I am traveling the beginning of August to Alaska. Thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
We took the complimentary hotel shuttle from airport to Comfort Inn (907-266-2437) Then the next morning after the delux continental breakfast we walked to the train station. We had booked our own train seats at www.alaskarailroad.com the train was half full.
800-544-0552
Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM

Was the Comfort Inn in Anchorage? Can you recommend lodging near Denali National Park? Thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
It's in Anchorage and walking distance from the train station. Denali- I believe you're looking to come in by train. Perhaps Amtrak can tell you what's near by. We had a ca and stayed in lodging that was about 10 min south of the "park". You need something that has shuttle service from the train station. Go on-line and look up Denali Alaska Lodging. There are a lot of hotel room sin the area...but pricey and many reserved for cruiseships. You'll have to call around for availability. I believe I listed our itinerary on another thread with some hotel names in the area. On-line research is your best bet. Now, if you'll have a rental can let me know and I'll give you our info. We stayed at a nice place and inexpensive.

Closed Thread

Tags
alask, alaska, cht, complaints, information, powered, ratings, review, reviews, tips, tour, tours, traain, travel, vbulletin