Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Alaska Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/alaska-port-chat/)
-   -   Younger couple too meet others (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/alaska-port-chat/28876-younger-couple-too-meet-others.html)

Chris and Kim 04-23-2006 08:57 AM

My wife and I are 39 and 43 who both enjoy anything fun and adventurous for shore excursions. We are sailing on the Island Princess out of Vancouver June 26th. If anyone else who is younger would like to chat prior let us know. We are trying to make some friends prior to sailing who are in the same age as us.

Chris & Kim in CT.

PEB 04-23-2006 06:46 PM

I mean no disrespect to your post, however I think you are limiting yourself by putting on your age limit. I have met many great people that are older then I am, and that is older then you, that many younger people could not keep up with. I have made some great friends because I was willing to spend time with people of all ages. I also have spent many time on very active excursions with older people.

I hope you have a great time on your Alaska cruise. I have done them many times and will be back there in a very short time but on a different ship.

Please don't give up on people that are older then you, you could be missing out on a lot of good times.

garden4cook 04-23-2006 09:38 PM

I agree with PEB, the "experienced cruiser"...I am 50 and my Bf is 54. It will also be our first cruise northbound Island Princess on June 26th. Ya know, it's hard to believe I am 50, but such is life. I may have a bad knee, but my Bf and I can be quite alot of fun. We love to explore and stay away from the common "touristy stuff" as well. We are both outdoorz types and are gonna love our privacy and great view from our balcony. We are open to and would enjoy meeting people for dinner, drinks, sharing excursions, etc.

June 26, 2006
Island Princess to Alaska
northbound "Voyage of the Glaciers"
deck/room: Aloha 3x7

Chris and Kim 04-24-2006 01:05 PM

Are you going on this cruise? If not, why are you waisting my time responding to what I'm looking for? Would you be interested in the high activity excursions that I'm interested in? Biking, longer hikes, rope and zip line challenge, etc. ??? Please let me contact the people who I want to hang out with.

Karen Knowlton 04-24-2006 06:33 PM

This forum is for anyone interested in cruising. I would suggest you invite those you wish to chat with to a private conversation rather than jumping down someone else's throat.

georgia 04-25-2006 12:25 AM

wow! back off !...

this web site is to help inform. It is also a great place to get to know fellow cruisers and perhaps meet on board ship. by the way - plenty to do on board as well - dine, meet for drinks, sharing of infomation and just have fun. I am 44 - guess that makes me too old to play with.

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris and Kim:
Are you going on this cruise? If not, why are you waisting my time responding to what I'm looking for? Would you be interested in the high activity excursions that I'm interested in? Biking, longer hikes, rope and zip line challenge, etc. ??? Please let me contact the people who I want to hang out with.

Chris and Kim 04-25-2006 04:08 AM

I get the felling a lot of you are way to sensitive. If you read my first message I was looking to meet people in my own age range because I've been down this path before. We have met people who say they can do the things we are interested in and when it gets time many have backed out. Well Georgia, are you going on this cruise?

Chris and Kim 04-25-2006 04:12 AM

Jump down someone's throat? - I just started with a very simple question and ended up getting attacked by others.

Quote:

Originally posted by Karen Knowlton:
This forum is for anyone interested in cruising. I would suggest you invite those you wish to chat with to a private conversation rather than jumping down someone else's throat.

Raoul Fiebig 04-25-2006 05:00 AM

Chris and Kim,

you're not getting attacked by anybody. I see only one posting in this thread which could be regarded as an "attack". This is it:

Quote:

Are you going on this cruise? If not, why are you waisting my time responding to what I'm looking for?
So please calm down, okay? http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

georgia 04-26-2006 12:17 PM

>>Well Georgia, are you going on this cruise?<<

Yes, i am going on the cruise...but now I am only interested in meeting people on board ship.

I like this web site for the people who are so very helpful with the exchange of ideas and the support we all give to one another...hint

'have a nice cruise