Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 AM

I enjoyed the Saxman tour quite a bit. It is not very big though, so I would consider making it a part of another tour. Do not miss the Great Alaska Lumberjack show, either. It is fantastic.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:51 PM

I really enjoyed the tour that goes to a lake where you can participate catching Dungeness crabs and then they have a crab feast after that. It is called different thing on different cruise lines. On Princess, it was called Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast.

Western Caribbeam Carnival 2005

Eastern Caribbean Holland America 2006

Alaska Diamond Princess 2007

Western Caribbean NCL Jewel 2008

Southern Caribbean Holland America Westerdam 2008
Old 11-17-2007, 09:00 PM

We were on the serenade of seas last summer. Once of the best parts of our trip was a float plane trip in Ketchican. We booked with Seawind Aviation. The scenery was great from the plane. He took us around the fjord into the mountains. We landed on a like in the middle of the mountains. Wife got to see a bear, and several killer whales. Check them out. The actually offer us one of there vans to travel around after the flight.

Have fun, Alaska was one of our best trips.

Read and post cruise reviews

Enchantment 2007
Serenade 2006
Majesty 2006
Sovereign 2004
Sovereign 2003
Sovereign 2002
Old 11-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

waterart, thank you for the feedback on the Saxman Village tour. And CobiaCaptain, I'll see if HAL offers the Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast on my sailing -- I vaguely recall seeing it, and will look again.

Sorry vafatboy... no one's going to get me into a float plane! It does sound like a marvelous tour for those who do not share my fear of heights, so thanks for sharing it with us.

There is just so much to do... I may have to return again and again.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM

The husband and I took a Princess Cruise a couple of years ago and in Ketchican we did the go cart tour through the rainforest and it was TONS of fun. We booked that one ahead of time and we're glad we did because it sold out. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Thank you to everyone for helping me weigh our options in Ketchikan. We finally decided on an excursion -- it will be Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer. I imagine we'll see a lot on this 4-hour boat tour. It departs a couple of hours after we dock, so we'll have some time to visit Creek Street beforehand -- maybe have some of the fish & chips Gary recommends!

On another note, there is a great article on Ketchikan in the March/April 2008 edition of Cruise Travel magazine.

Only five more months...

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, brewery, bus, cruise, explorer, fjords, juneau, ketchikan, misty, port, ports, review, reviews, tour, walking, wilderness