Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM

I am considering a cruise to Alaska in late Sept.I know the summer months are much better weather wise. But do you think Sept 22 to Oct is just too late in the season to enjoy Alaska? Thanks so much for any help. Karen~

No more Huggies and Hamburger Helper...The Boys are in college.... So lets go have some fun!!

Monarch Of The Seas
Mexico Cruise
August 2003

Enchantment Of The Seas
New England
September 2005
http://www.myspace.com/thiakaren

Old 04-12-2007, 07:31 PM

My sister when in the third week of August last year and had to wear a jacket or a sweater. She said it was too cold to enjoy their balcony. I sure you'll find the same sceneario in late September. I've never been on a Alaska cruise. I like the thought of going from our cold climate to a warm climate.

Sonny
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 PM
The weather in Alaska is a hit-and-miss proposition at best; but the later you go the more the likelihood of cold and drizzle;
and less daylight also.

On another note (not that anybody cares), I find it ironic that Sonny has never been on an Alaskan cruise and I've never been on a Caribbean cruise, per se. Been through the Caribbean en route to the Canal, (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) but that's all.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Being from Minnesota, September in Alaska is still summer for us. Bring a light jacket, and a heavy jacket...We were there in early May with 8 feet of snow still up on the mountains and it was still pleasant...unless it's raining..oh if rains almost every day...bring a poncho too...but the beauty and splendor makes up for any bad weather. It's almost a religious experience.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 PM
We were there the 2nd week in September (hard to believe it's been 6 years!), and we had beautiful weather - in the 70s mostly, some sprinkles in Juneau. The week before in Skagway they had 100 mph winds - The word is layering. And definitely a disposable poncho - we paid $1.00 in a sporting goods store. Alaska was my all time favorite cruise. The trip up the inside passage was phenomenal. We saw lots of whales and dolphins and eagles. Some folks saw bear on the beach. Enjoy your trip whatever the weather.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Berick, where are you located in Minnesota? We are in St. Charles, halfway between Rochester and Winona.

Closed Thread

Tags
11, alaska, alaskan, cold, cruise, cruises, late, oct, review, reviews, sep, sept, september, visit, weather