Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 AM

Given a choice between taking a helicopter and walking on a glacier in Juneau or taking a float plane to Misty Fjords, which would you recommend. My husband and I are interested in doing one or the other but probably don't want to spend the money on both. Any opinions?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM

Hi jerseygirl1962

We have done both trips. The helicopter trip and walking on the glacier was fantastic. We went with ERA helicopters and were very impressed with the safety briefing and the professionalism of all the staff. Our pilot/guide was superb and a mine of information. Walking on the glacier was one of the main highlights of our whole Alaska trip. We also enjoyed the float plane to Misty Fjords, but we were a little concerned at the very casual behaviour of our pilot. As others have had great experiences with this trip we may just have been unlucky! We also felt that we saw more from the helicopter. Which ever one you choose the scenery is spectacular and definately not to be missed! Hope you have a great time!
Old 01-25-2008, 02:12 PM
We took the helicopetr trip (via ERA) and my wife thought that it was the best time that she had on the entire 14 day Alaska trip (about 1 hour ride)as she had never been in a helicopter before I have had loads of time in one with the Army so it was not as unique to me. I figured that I would probably never have an opportunity to walk around on a glacier again and the sights were spectacular (saw bear, eagles, carabu from the air ).

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, fjord, fjords, float, glacier, helicopter, mendenhall, misty, plane, review, reviews, tours, trip, versus