Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2006, 11:58 AM

Why cruise here? You MUST bring layers of clothing,rain,dark,cool/cold.Hawaii is warm/hot!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 PM
We did Alaska the second week of September, and had absolutely great weather - with the exception of some drizzles in Glacier Bay. We didn't need any of the warm weather clothes we packed. The scenery was fabulous. We sailed Hawaii - also in September - and the weather was quite lovely, as was the scenery. A matter of taste and preference, I would say.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Administrator

It's all about personal preference. I happen to love cooler weather and can do without very hot air temperatures. Others feel the opposite. Fortunately, we have plenty of choices in cruise destinations.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:20 AM

I live in Florida where the weather is similar to Hawaii. Why do I want to spend my vacation in a place like home? I prefer the grandeur of Alaska but that is my personal taste. That is a strong point of cruising, you can go anywhere you desire.

Western Caribbeam Carnival 2005

Eastern Caribbean Holland America 2006

Alaska Diamond Princess 2007

Western Caribbean NCL Jewel 2008

Southern Caribbean Holland America Westerdam 2008
Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by F1:
Why cruise here? You MUST bring layers of clothing,rain,dark,cool/cold.Hawaii is warm/hot!!!!
Do you ever travel for any purpose other than having ideal weather? Alaska has a lot of incredibly interesting sights, sounds, history and scenery you won't see anywhere else. To me, that makes it worth packing layers and preparing for rain.

Sandy
Old 05-12-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
Do you ever travel for any purpose other than having ideal weather? Alaska has a lot of incredibly interesting sights, sounds, history and scenery you won't see anywhere else. To me, that makes it worth packing layers and preparing for rain.
Sandy
I will second that. The scenery, history, culture, etc. is more than worth it to us. Just like dealing with the blistering hot & humid weather in the Caribbean is miserable for me, but I put up with it in order to be able to snorkel, scuba dive, and to tour Mayan ruins.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:23 PM

It all comes down to preferences. I am not a "beach person" and am more comfortable in mild temperatures. To me, the scenery, wildlife and just the sheer bigness of the place makes Alaska well worth having to wear rain gear on a cruise! IMO, it's the most beautiful place on earth.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, america, bay, celebrity, cruise, cruises, glacier, hawaii, holland, princess, september, suck, sucks, temperatures, weather