Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Carnival Spirit 7/9-7/16

Count me in as a lover of the Alaskan cruise. I would have turned right around in Vancouver and gone back northbound. I absolutely loved it.

The Good - glaciers, dog sledding, sitting in the hot tub under the dome and seeing a WHALE swim by, the incredible food, service, cleanliness and friendliness of the crew, bald eagles, waking up at 5:30am to go up to the Lido deck and being awestruck by the College Fjord.

The Bad - the weather. Cold, rainy, windy, misty, cloudy, foggy, except in Ketchikan where we actually had sun.

The Ugly - me, looking all roly-poly, bundled up like how a little kid looks in a snow suit with his arms sticking out. Most days I wore a turtleneck, a sweater and a coat. Three layers is too much.

I LOVED IT ALL!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
P.S.

The tender to Sitka was a pain.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Welcome home, Popcorn Pam, and many thanks for the feedback. The fact that you had a great time despite the weather speaks volumes about this itinerary (as well as your attitude ). I know what you mean about layers. I live in New England and there are days during the middle of winter that I can barely move due to all of the layers!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
The Bad - the weather. Cold, rainy, windy, misty, cloudy, foggy, except in Ketchikan where we actually had sun.
Glad you enjoyed the Cruise. We love Alaskan Cruises and We love the Spirit. Have not done the Spirit to Alaska yet, we are thinking about a BTB on her next year.
Sunny in Ketchikan..... It has been sunny everytime we have been there, and it is supposed to have the most rain days of any of the ports.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Well Lisa, I guess my attitude couldn't be bad. We were in Alaska! What a waste of money to be miserable!
I would love to post some pictures but I can't figure out how to do it. HELP!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Been there twice and leaving next month for a third time....Cold, Snow, Misty, cloudy, rainy...hmmm just like Minnesota....But Alaska gives me goosebumps...So happy you loved it...

Happy Sailing,

Bob E

Closed Thread