Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
I was on an Alskan trip during July 20 odd years ago and much of the trip was frigid. I wonder if global warming has made it warmer during the summer?
"Global Warming"? What's that? Last year brought Juneau the most snowfall on record, Hubbard Glacier is advancing at a record pace (may not be a viable stop for cruise ships this year), and places all over the state are recording some of their coldest temperatures ever... I think "Global Warming" needs to be re-named "Global-humans-haven't-been-on-earth-long-enough-to-know-what-the-long-term-weather-patterns-are!"

-Case
Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
How cold are we talking? We're going in mid-August, Inside Passage, including a visit to Carcross. I was planning on layering, as we did last summer in Norway. (A windbreaker is one of those layers.) I'm also from the Northeast and don't bother with a winter coat unless the wind chills get below 40F/4,4C. Think I'll be OK?
Lisa- We were to Alaska in mid August 10 years ago & started at Fairbanks & worked south. The weather was beautiful with the high's in the low 70's mid-day. They had their first frost the day we arrived & most of the flowers had been touched except for those along side the hotel. We made due with a light jacket + a sweat shirt & never felt cold- even the day at the glasier. You can always warm up inside every now & then.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Popcorn Pam-
I went to July in Alaska as well but back in 1999 on Vision of the Seas. If you are going to Haines, Alaska we took this old car trip up to the mountians and ended up getting to drink the running water. You will have a wonderful time in Alaska, it is my favorite cruise I have ever been on mostly because Alaska is so scenic and beautiful. The weather changes as other people have posted 1 remeber 1 day it was raining and at another port it was warm enough weather for just a tshirt and jeans. We did the inside passage on Royal Caribbean and went through Glacier Bay (awesome to watch)! Have a wonderful vacation.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks! I know we will enjoy this cruise very much. Alaska here we come!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, caribbean, clothes, cruise, cruising, essential, experiences, july, line, norwegian, reviews, royal, side, trips