Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 PM

Does anyone know about the Crowne Plaza Vancouver Hotel Georgia located in downtown Vancouver? I found out that I have enough Priority Club points (25,000) to stay at the Crown Plaza for free. It says it's downtown and just minutes from the the pier.

We're going on the Radiance out of Vancouver for the Aug 6 cruise to Alaska. I'm just trying to find someplace close for Friday night Aug 5.

Thanks.

TimT

RCI Monarch of the Seas - May 05
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Mar 05
NCL Norwegian Dawn - Jun 04
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Feb 04
Golden Princess - Sep 03
RCI Vision of the Seas - May 03
RCI Brilliance of the Seas - Sep 02
NCL Norwegian Star - May 02
Old 06-12-2005, 04:15 AM

Hotel Georgia is a very nice hotel. It is in a great location and very near the cruise ship terminal. Good choice! (Besides the price is right ).
Old 06-13-2005, 05:59 AM

Tim,
I agree that the Hotel Georgia is a very nice hotel and well located. However, just be aware how close you are to the port depends on if your ship is docking at Canada Place or the Ballantyne Pier. Canada Place is in the center of town and very near your hotel. Ballantyne Pier is a little further out in a less than desirable location of the city (don't recommend you stay anywhere near that port).

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 PM

I live just outside of Vancouver, so yes, the Hotel Georgia is a very nice hotel in downtown Vancouver. It is a historical hotel and very beautiful and close to lots of restaurants and shopping. It is also close to either pier...and the Radiance actually docks at Ballantyne. I am assuming you will use a taxi to get to the ship. The two piers (Canada Place and Ballantyne) are only a few minutes (maybe 10) apart and easy access by taxi. You can check out http://www.portvancouver.com and it will give you the Alaska cruise schedule and where each ship is berthed. Have a wonderful time and welcome to Beautiful BC!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I made the reservation for Friday at the Crowne Plaza. As EnjoyLife says, you can't beat the price.

We get in to Vancouver Friday around 11:00am. We'll stroll around downtown, catch a cab the next day and get to the dock nice and early for boarding.

Looking forward to both what Vancouver has to offer for a very short visit and the Alaskan cruise.

TimT
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 AM

Tim,
Vancouver is beautiful and there is a lot to see, do and explore. I am sure you will have a marvelous time - not only pre-cruise, but on the Alaska cruise as well. Have a grand time and make sure to give us a full report when you return.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-22-2005, 03:23 PM

We just got back from our trip on the Radiance 6/11 to 6/18. We stayed downtown at the Hyatt Regency, the ship is docked at Ballantyne peir, but the trip is short and the cab fare was $12 can. plus tip. On the advice of a local cabbie, we arrived at 1:30 p.m. to board, to miss the rush. The 3 lines we waited in took about an hour, maybe a little more. I spoke to a couple onboard that got there at 11:00 a.m. to board and they had no wait at all, so much for local knowlege.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 PM

I would always suggest arriving at the cruise terminal as early as you can. 11 am doesn't sound too early to me and I suspect that people that arrive that early get on the ship quickly.

Tom
Old 08-21-2005, 06:23 PM

Just returned from the Radiance of the Seas Alaska cruise last week. The Crowne Plaza was awesome. A historical hotel in the middle of downtown Vancouver. When we checked in, they automatically upgraded us to a suite. They gave us vouchers for free cocktails and free breakfast buffet. All free as a result of cashing in some priority club hotel points. A wonderful way to start the cruise.

Tim

RCI Radiance of the Seas - Aug 05
RCI Monarch of the Seas - May 05
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Mar 05
NCL Norwegian Dawn - Jun 04
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Feb 04
Golden Princess - Sep 03
RCI Vision of the Seas - May 03
RCI Brilliance of the Seas - Sep 02
NCL Norwegian Star - May 02
Old 08-21-2005, 06:28 PM

Forgot to include... arrived at the pier to get on the Radiance at around 11:30am Saturday. There was no one (not 10 or 15 but NO ONE) in line when we arrived. I have no idea where everyone was. We checked in and went to the lounge to wait for customs. There were about 30 or 40 people ahead of us. Customs started there thing right at noon. We were on the ship in the Windjammer by 12:15pm.

Tim

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, cruse, dock, docking, early, hotel, ncl, nice, pier, port, precruise, radiance, sea, stay, vancouver