Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM

We took our cruise in June and had a wonderful time. The cruise was excellent, however, we did have a problem with our cabin. We booked Room #9598 because we had to have the extra pullman bed. The Alaskan Cruise brochure shows this cabin with a pullman, and this was verified when we made our reservations six months in advance. When we arrived on the ship, low and behold, Cabin 9598 does not have a pullman - trust me! After some long and hard discussions with Guest Relations, we were very fortunate to get room #9612 (due to a cancellation)and it DOES have a pullman! The only other issue we had was the two hour wait after the cruise ended, trying to get a taxicab to take us back to our hotel in VanCouver. Our first port of call was Sitka; it's very small; we did a little shopping, but there's not much to do there. Hubbard Glacier was awesome and very memorable. The White Pass train ride in Skagway and gold paning at Liarsville was fun. (We went at 12 noon which was a good time and suggest you sit on the left side of the train for the best views). Our final stop was Juneau where we rode the tram to Mount Roberts and took the bus to MendenHall Glacier. These two excursions are a must. The views are spectular.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Forgive me, but your review dosen't really seem to merit the "Beware Seranade of the Seas!" heading. You only mention two negative things; one was resolved and the other occured when the cruise was over and had nothing to do with the ship.

I usually avoid posts with headings like that, but when I noticed you had no responses, I became curious.

And I am only responding because it seems to me you are taking an unfair shot at Seranade of the Seas.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 AM

Please understand that even though our room situation was resolved, there was a lot of finger pointing between the room attendant and guest relations, and if WE weren't persistant, we would have been stuck with an incorrect room for four adults; RCI should know its room configurations and that our first room is shown and was confirmed incorrectly. I was just trying to make sure no else has this problem in the future. The ship is beautiful; I will attempt to change the heading or delete the post altogether.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Administrator

I just modified the thread title.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the help!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabibs, cabin, cabins, caribbean, og, pullman, reviews, room, royal, sea, seas, seranade, serenade, show, videos