Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Default Seattle Hotel help
Hi, looking to move forward on my Alaska cruise and want to book our hotel in Seattle. Can anyone suggest the closet hotel that is nice...to pier 91? I read somewhere that the Marriott is right there and walkable but I am not seeing that with google maps... I will be on HAL. I understand taxi service can be expensive so I am trying to eliminate as much clock time as I can being I will need from the airport to the hotel and then the next day from there to the ship.
thanks for any help, Karen
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Hi Karen.

According to their website, the "Quality Inn and Suites - Seattle Center" is half a mile from pier 91, so it would be a cheap cab fare to the pier. I don't think they do a shuttle service to the pier, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I can't figure out how to post a hyperlink on this new forum and type in the text that I want, otherwise I would provide a link to that hotel.

I haven't stayed at that particular hotel, but I have stayed at several Comfort Inns, owned by the same company, Choice Hotels.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM

Karen

The hotel you mentioned, The "Seattle Marriott - Watefront" should be okay as well, as it's along the water, but probably more expensive than the Quality Inn. Unfortunately, Mapquest isn't recognizing the address of the cruise terminal when I go to put it in, so I can't give you an estimate as to how far it would be from the Marriott to the cruise terminal.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Thank you for your time to post the information MCPayne. Helpful!
Karen
Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 PM

No problem. Happy to help. Also, turns out I had the wrong settings, which is why I couldn't insert hyperlinks. If you want it, here is the link for the Quality Inn and Suites - Seattle Center.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Also, I just went and manually on MapQuest entered the address of the Marriott (2100 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98121). That looks like it's about a couple miles from the Pier 91 at most. If you're looking for a nice upscale hotel, then go with the Marriott. The Quality Inn may be cheaper, but may not be as nice as the Marriott, even though it looks like it's closer to Pier 91.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 PM

I know that the Quality Inn will shuttle you to the pier. The have a park and cruise package. I think they have a fly and cruise package where they will get you back and forth to the airport.

We have found most mid to upper level motel/hotel have a package of some type. Give them a call and tell them what you want..... they want your business.

Here is the Park and cruise link.
We also stayed there one night. Mainly for the parking. It cost about the same to part at the pier as it did for a room, breakfast, shuttle and 7 days parking!!!

Hope you have great weather and cruise.

Last edited by gdjoslin; 03-10-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: add motel link

Tags
cab, code, cruise, cruse, edgewater, embarkation, fair, hal, hotel, inn, limo, park, pier, promo, quality, seattle, suites