Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Default Different Itenerary
Hey guys. As you can tell from my signature I have been to Alaska once, and I am wanting to go back again next year. I was just wondering if there was another itenerary different from the Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. I have been looking online, but having trouble finding one. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 AM

Those are the major ports. It depends on which cruise line and whether you leave from Seattle, or do a one way North Bound or South Bound. Some do stop in Sitka and Icy Straight Point. Then there's the different glaciers, College Fjord, Glacier Bay, Hubbard, Tracy Arms Fjord. Hal has longer itineraries which go to Homer and Kodiak. There's also Victoria for the foreign port rule.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationbound View Post
Hey guys. As you can tell from my signature I have been to Alaska once, and I am wanting to go back again next year. I was just wondering if there was another itenerary different from the Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. I have been looking online, but having trouble finding one. Thanks for your help.
We are going next year from Seattle, Have done the 3 ports you noted 3 times. Next year we will skip Skagway and add Sitka. The choices are limited if you are doing a 7 day round trip.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hal has longer itineraries which go to Homer and Kodiak.
This is the one we'll be doing next summer. Homer and Kodiak were the main draws for us. The ship is Amsterdam, and it is 14-night round-trip from Seattle. The only two repeat ports for us will be Ketchikan and Juneau.

Like you, we wanted something different.

Tags
7day, cruise, italian, itenerary, kodiak, liner, paraguay, port, review, ship, types