Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Default Entry into Victoria
Have a bit of an unusual ???. My family is booked on a Princess Alaskan cruise this summer. There are 14 of us going..my husband (58) and my son (36) have a felony on their records. Husbands was 35 years ago..sons was 10 years ago..theft when they were both young and stupid...fine, upstanding men today..no trouble for either since. My husband and I flew into Vancouver for a cruise in 2002 with no problem at all...I have read a few things that concern me about getting off in Victoria..any one have a similar experience or know of anyone who has? Hoping this will not be a problem as everything is paid for...thanks for any help.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM

Are you doing your cruise roundtrip out of Seattle? I did a cruise roundtrip out of Seattle two years ago. There was no passport check for Victoria.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 PM

We are round trip from Seattle...but I have been told that immigration could come on the boat and make them fly home...but then I have been told that with an offense being older than 5 years they consider you "rehabilitated"...we are only there 4 hours..makes me just want to hide out on the boat..of course no one in Canada will even talk to you..
Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM

We stop in Victoria two years ago and everyone had to pass thru customs who ever left the ship. We had to show our passports to the Canadian customs. Our friend who has the same problem as you goes to the US almost 5 times a year and never was stopped till the last time about his record. The US custom agent question him 2 hours before letting him proceed. It totally depend on the person at custom. There is no right answer. We drive over to the US 4 or 5 times ourself and twice they have given us a hard time for no reason. My wife and I have no record in our 60 years. We never have any issues coming back with the Canadian customs.

Tags
alaska, canada, cruise, cruises, cruising, felon, felony, flying, port, problem, review, round, seattle, stops, trip, vancouver, victoria