Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 AM

Smile Non-cruise excursion options?
My fiance and I are going on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon (YAY!) in June. We were hesitant to book any excursions through Royal Caribbean because I had heard from several people that you can save quite a bit of money by going through companies just set up at the ports.

However, having never been on a cruise before, I have no idea how to go about doing that or even what will be available when we get there.

Does anyone have any experience with non-Royal Caribbean excursions? Tips or companies or specific info we could check out online before we set sail?

Our itinerary looks basically like this:
Seattle
Juneau
Skagway
Tracy Arm Fjord
Victoria
Seattle

Thanks so much for your help!
Holly
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Since this is your first cruise and you are unfamiliar with things, it might be worth your peace of mind to book excursions through the ship. That being said; there are places right near the pier to book excursions. Keep in mind booking excursions on your own places the responsibility solely on you to make sure you are back to the ship on time.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM

Thumbs up Congrats,,too ,and first do research on ea port
and also ship excursions avail in ea...can google ea.one and see what s available and what interests YOU.
Port s like Seattle,etc..US. ones can easily be done on own or use HOHO bus,,,

Alaska ports,,figure WHAT appeals,,glacier hike, heliocopter tour,kayak,,etc...can check prices, look for tours also in guidebooks.Never pay in advance for private tour,,check references,and REMEMBER,,,no matter WHAT,,when on own,,,ship WILL SAIL on time.WITH or WITHOUT you..

Ship tours seem to cost a little more,,but no hassle,and sometimes WORTH the money for convenience and safety in some ports.For first cruise,and HONEYMOON...may feel more comfortable with that option,,but do check out alternatives...GOOD LUCK>>

Tags
alaska, book, caribbean, cruise, excursion, excursions, forum, line, noncruise, options, port, ports, reviews, royal, ship, tour