Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM

I am in the first stages of planning an Alaska cruise hopefully in 2004 but definitely in 2005. I have checked flights from the east coast and it seems I have plenty of time between the arrival of the flight into Seattle and
the departure time of the cruise ships . Had some questions though on best travel methods and expected travel times from the Seattle airport going to either the Seattle Cruise ports or to the cruise ports in Vancouver.

On the end of the trip from what I can determine, the cruise ships return to port early in the morning. I was wondering what's the earliest time I should plan for my return flights if I have to travel from either the Seattle or Vancouver ports.. Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM

I am in the first stages of planning an Alaska cruise hopefully in 2004 but definitely in 2005. I have checked flights from the east coast and it seems I have plenty of time between the arrival of the flight into Seattle and
the departure time of the cruise ships . Had some questions though on best travel methods and expected travel times from the Seattle airport going to either the Seattle Cruise ports or to the cruise ports in Vancouver.

On the end of the trip from what I can determine, the cruise ships return to port early in the morning. I was wondering what's the earliest time I should plan for my return flights if I have to travel from either the Seattle or Vancouver ports.. Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 01:29 PM

HI; here is a quick breakdown of the Seattle area. From SeTac Airport to the Seattle Pier is about 25 minutes by Taxi (30.00) or shuttle 12-15.00. From Seattle to Vancouver is about a 3 1/2 hour drive; but you can do a train that leaves each morning if you can work your flight to be here by then.

If I were you I would leave from Seattle to Alaska and you would have to come in the night before your cruise because of time change and flights. Seattle is a very safe and fun city with lots of reasonable hotels, plus you can walk to the Pier from just about any hotel or take a 5.00 taxi to the Pier.

If you give me more info on where you are from I can help you out a bit more. I am originally from Boston and now live in the Seattle area.

Let me know if I can do anything further
Old 04-24-2004, 07:34 AM

Flying to Seattle & Sailing out of Vancouver

Not a problem as long as your flight gets into Seattle before 11am and your ship sails in the evening. However my recommendation always is to arrive in the port of departure the day before just in case of airline - luggage delays.
To get from SEA airport to Vancouver there is a bus shuttle service called Quick Shuttle that operates 5 times daily. Cost is $44. CA pp each way. The trip takes about 3.5 hours and the bus drops you right at the dock. The Amtrak train leaves SEA at something like 6am for the trip
northbound to Vancouver . Another option is a one way car rental - again driving time about 3.5 hours including time for the customs (barring any huge lineups).

Your return flight would need to be late in the day if the same day you get off the cruise ship.
I would suggest no earlier than 6pm.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cruise, dock, pier, port, ports, seaattle, seattle, ship, shuttle, transfer, transfers, transportation, travel, vancanvour, vancouver