Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hariken:
Thank you all for the great tips.
gdjoslin, do you have a travel agent specializing in alaska cruise that you can recommend? We are coming from NY and I checked the fare difference between Seattle and Vancouver is about $100 each...so it's not too much.
I am not sure we are allowed to give names of our TA's, but in this case I do not have one. We live in a small town and the one we used and loved had to close her doors.
One other thing about the HAL cruise. If the port of call schedule is the same as when we went, no other ships are in Skagway, only 2 in Juneau. That makes it nice.
If you go to Vancouver, Stanley Park is a very nice place.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Hariken
Let me start this post by telling you that I was in Alaska about 12 years ago, so many things may have changed. We flew into Anchorage and flew home from Vancouver.
It was amazing to see that Alaska had this state-of-the art city complete with skyscapers and a Kmart. The streets were blooming with flowers and it was 70 degrees. We had the chance to stay a day, aclimate to the time change and get the full effect of the long daylight.
We took a Princess transfer to Seward. Our bus driver/tour guide was an amazing woman who was a biology teacher during the year and had spent time in some the remote regions during her college years. She stopped along the way to let us take pictures. It was a wonderful, unexpected addition to our trip!
Whetever you do and where ever you choose to board, you will have an amazing journey that will stay with you forever.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I've gone out of Seattle twice and Vancouver once....but I always fly into Seattle...it was a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Vancouver.....I prefer leaving from Seattle....Cheaper airfare plus have a son and family that lives in Seattle...But Vancouver was a wonderful city to see...they were getting ready for the Olympics when I was there....Either way, you are going to Alaska and that's the best part:-)...

Happy Sailing

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, cruises, crusie, forums, leave, reviews, round, rt, seattle, trip, vancouver, vancover, vanouver, vs