Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 AM

I will be going on my first cruise to Alaska in Augest & would like to go on at least one fishing excursion in either Ketchikan or Juneau. Has anyone been on one of these trips & if so can you give me some advice or info? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:36 PM

Paul, it depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. August is a great month for salmon and here is one of the least expensive fishing trips you can take. Just south of the Creek Street Bridge there is a hardware store that rents fishing rods and sells one day fishing licenses. You can rent a rod for a couple of hours and fish right from the bridge and catch your limit. Since you can't take the fish with you, catch and release is the appropriate method of fishing. You will catch a mix of salmon with some large ones thrown in for good measure. You don't have to go much further to get quality fishing.

If you want to do a fly-in trip then I would contact Seawind Aviation in Ketchikan. They will arrange to fly you into one of the hot lakes in the Misty Fjords region with a fishing guide. I haven't done it, but itt is on my radar for my next Alaskan trip. Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM

Thanks Tom, the fly-in trip sounds intriguing so I will look into getting in touch with Seawind Aviation. Can you also recommend a Charter Boat for some salmon fishing?
Thanks again.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:53 PM

This is information for Sitka. There is a hotel, don't have the name off hand. But you can charter a boat for @ $636.00 all gear provided. 4 hours. Up to 6 people. The number you can call is 1-800-250-4712. Sitka is located between the 2 you mentioned. We are doing this in June.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, bring, carinal, carnival, cruise, deep, excursion, fishing, line, maarten, poles, review, reviews, sea, st