Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Can anyone give me some information on the schedule departure times for the Grandview Train that leaves from Seward to Anchorage? We dock in Seward at 3am on June 12 and we were told RC owns this train and itís used to transport passengers to Anchorage. The Alaskan RR's train leaves at 6pm--óbut I have been told this is not the same train. Our TA we used to book the cruise and transfer (we booked our flights) thinks the GV leaves at 6am but when I called RC, the lady I spoke with wasnít much help either and didnít see any departure times listed in her records. Our return flight home from Anchorage leaves at 7:05pm and the TA thinks weíll be fineóbut Iíd rather know for sure.

thanks for any info,
Rita
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Hi rit2000 and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

While I don't know the train schedules, I do know that it takes a bus about 3 hours to go from Seward to Anchorage. I would imagine it's faster by train. I think a 7pm flight out should be more than late enough.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, anchorage, caribbean, cruise, flight, grandview, northbound, radiance, return, review, reviews, royal, seas, seward, train