Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2003, 06:04 AM

I was recently made aware of a company that supposedly is making WORLD RENAISSANCE into a condo ship... I find it a bit curious that their website shows in the Virtual Tour of WORLD RENAISSANCE, many photos that are very obviously either of OLYMPIA EXPLORER or VOYAGER (though some of these photos ARE of the right ship). There's even one of NORWAY... And some deck plans are from WORLD RENAISSANCE, while others look again to be the new ROC sisters, and one of them comes from ODYSSEUS (these are at the bottom of the "about the ship" page).

They also seem to be chartering VIRGINIA SKY (name sounds familiar but I've yet to connect it to a ship - the ship pictured is Mano Maritime's SILVER STAR), and one photo depicts a suite on an HAL S-class ship, another the exterior of COSTA RIVIERA, complete with name!

Forget that many of the cabins are very small, the prices not exactly cheap, considering the monthly maintenance rates, the itineraries are fixed, and so on, and the whole thing to me looks frankly a bit fishy. There are even cartoons instead of pictures of the corporate executives!

Has anyone heard anything about this, or is it just someone's idea of a joke?

Doug
Old 01-14-2003, 06:04 AM

I was recently made aware of a company that supposedly is making WORLD RENAISSANCE into a condo ship... I find it a bit curious that their website shows in the Virtual Tour of WORLD RENAISSANCE, many photos that are very obviously either of OLYMPIA EXPLORER or VOYAGER (though some of these photos ARE of the right ship). There's even one of NORWAY... And some deck plans are from WORLD RENAISSANCE, while others look again to be the new ROC sisters, and one of them comes from ODYSSEUS (these are at the bottom of the "about the ship" page).

They also seem to be chartering VIRGINIA SKY (name sounds familiar but I've yet to connect it to a ship - the ship pictured is Mano Maritime's SILVER STAR), and one photo depicts a suite on an HAL S-class ship, another the exterior of COSTA RIVIERA, complete with name!

Forget that many of the cabins are very small, the prices not exactly cheap, considering the monthly maintenance rates, the itineraries are fixed, and so on, and the whole thing to me looks frankly a bit fishy. There are even cartoons instead of pictures of the corporate executives!

Has anyone heard anything about this, or is it just someone's idea of a joke?

Doug
Old 01-14-2003, 07:36 AM

Hi Doug,

sounds like some kind of scam to me. I will try to find out if this is for real.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-14-2003, 08:03 AM

Danke Raoul. It really does look odd.

I'm still sure I've heard of the VIRGINIA SKY somewhere... It sounds too familiar.

What is funny is that they're actually making this VIRGINIA SKY sound like a tub in the first place, starting off with "The ship is in livable condition." Wow! What an endorsement! Next thing you know, we'll have car adverts saying "The car runs the vast majority of the time."

I think the idea is not bad - Residensea for the masses if you will - but not with the same boring itineraries all the time etc.!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shiploverny:
Danke Raoul. It really does look odd.

I'm still sure I've heard of the VIRGINIA SKY somewhere... It sounds too familiar.

Hi Doug,

yes - it sounds familiar. I've just had a look at the new "Kludas", and it isn't listed. Probably because it's less than 10,000 gt.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-14-2003, 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
I've just had a look at the new "Kludas", and it isn't listed. Probably because it's less than 10,000 gt.

I suppose so, otherwise it had ought to be in there.

I'm thinking that the name is actually spelled differently as I'm pulling up absolutely nothing from Equasis or anywhere else on that name.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:02 PM

Bingo! I thought it was spelled differently. The name is in fact VERGINA SKY (so they can't even spell the name of "their" ship). See here for more.

Closed Thread

Tags
condo, condos, cruise, cruises, deckplan, deckplans, maritime, pictures, rates, renaissance, renassance, review, reviews, ship, world