Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2006, 09:53 AM

Has anyone of you travelled/cruised with "Hurtigruten" before?

I am Norwegian, but haven't cruised the Norwegian fjord with any of their ships yet.

Has anyone of you travelled with their newest ship, "MS Midnatsol" ?
How was your experience on the ship?

There is also made a TV-program with 20. episodes of the Crew onboard!
All episodes can be seen for free at NRK WebTV! Here is a link:
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/106052

It's really fun to watch, and absolutely recommended!

Has anybody been there?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Hej,

I've just found this more than a half year old thread and I don't know why noone has answered you ;-)

I for myself really love MS Midnatsol (like you can see on my Nick )
I've been travelling 4 times now with this ship, we even have been on the tour from Oslo to Savona in January / February 2006 with a lot of Norwegians and only 3 Germans and some other on board. It was a great tour and the crew of that ship is so nice and friendly.
Well I know that everyone has it's one favourite Hurtigruten ship, and that there are people that don't like MS Midnatsol and call her a "swimming Rica Hotel", but I love that ship

Bye
Biggi
Old 04-03-2007, 01:30 PM

We were on the MS Noordkap in Antarctica (actually landed 9 times). It was fantastic. It is not a luxury cruise, but it was an amazing adventure and we had a fabulous time. If you have cruised before don't look for entertainment and special extras. It is the destinations that make it. The cabins are small, so if you like comfort, take a suite. Great food, and lectures.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:36 AM

Hi,
on August I will travel with my boyfriend from Bergen to Kirkenes with MS Midnatsol.
Are there places that I have to see?
Councils?
Please reply because I've lot of questions!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by midnatsol:
Hej,

I've just found this more than a half year old thread and I don't know why noone has answered you ;-)

I for myself really love MS Midnatsol (like you can see on my Nick )
I've been travelling 4 times now with this ship, we even have been on the tour from Oslo to Savona in January / February 2006 with a lot of Norwegians and only 3 Germans and some other on board. It was a great tour and the crew of that ship is so nice and friendly.
Well I know that everyone has it's one favourite Hurtigruten ship, and that there are people that don't like MS Midnatsol and call her a "swimming Rica Hotel", but I love that ship

Bye
Biggi
Old 05-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Hi labellabetti!
I live in Bergen, so if you got any questions, please ask!
As the cruise terminal is located almost "in the city", you will probably get time to walk a bit around, and see the city for yourself. You can take a look at Bryggen/the old port, where you also will find a lot of museums, like the hanseatic museum, the Rosenkranz tower, and Haakonshallen.
You probably also want to go to an excursion to the home of "Edvard Grieg" at Trollhaugen, see the Aquarium of Bergen or visit Fl°yen.
I think this will be a great guide: www.bergen-travel.com

Ask if you got any questions!
If you want to look up excursions and adventures at the other ports of your cruise, I guess Hurtigruten will have some information about what to do, and propably some brochures.

Good luck with everything!
Have a nice trip!

Closed Thread

Tags
comments, cruises, excursion, exersions, hurtigruten, location, midnatsal, midnatsol, ms, norway, nrk, review, reviews, ship, suites