Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Hey! I haven't been here in a while. I just booked a last minute cruise with Costa on the Mediterranea, leaving next Sunday. A fabulous deal that I couldn't pass up. I have cruised on this ship 2 years ago. On that cruise we were in a suite - this time it will only be a balcony room. My husband can't make it, so it's just 2 kids and myself. We don't need a suite for 3 of us.

I'm not familiar with the balcony rooms, and I have a couple questions.

Is there a mini-bar or refrigerator in the room? A safe? A coffee maker? Anything I need to know about a balcony room so I'm not totally surprised? I have been in balconies on other ships when suites are not available; but not on Costa.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:32 AM

There is a mini-bar, and safe. I don't think there is a coffee maker. The only thing I can say that way different is that you have to call for lotion and conditioner. We recently returned from the Magica and had a wonderful time. The cabins on the Magica were large with plenty of storage. Toga night is a lot of fun! Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Thanks penny! 2 out of 3 is good. My experience with cruise ship coffee is that it is awful, no matter where it is served. I usually bring my own coffee & cream for my room; perhaps I should check into a mini-maker as well this time. I get grumpy without good coffee.

PS - I remember toga night. The kids liked it. It was fun, although wearing a sheet to dinner is not my idea of high fashion...
Old 01-12-2007, 12:37 PM

The regular coffee was not very good, however, the Caribbean Coffee at the bar was wonderful! Some of the people on our cruise went all out for Toga night. The ship was decorated for Christmas and they took wreaths for their crowns, used tinsel for adornment, and were very creative in the wrapping style of the sheet. I wore clothes under mine because I couldn't get it right.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 PM

I've never tried coffee at a bar. Is there a charge for it? I'm not really cheap, but I have my limits. Serving rotten coffee elsewhere just to force me to pay for good coffee bugs me! LOL. Plus I really do like to relax in the room with the coffee... In a robe or nightgown, not have to walk to get it.

I'm with you. Clothing under that sheet. I have no faith in it staying properly put. Plus, if it gets too darn annoying I can rip it off and carry it back to the room.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:40 PM

I think they were $6, there is rum in it and whip cream, and something else that is heavenly. I didn't try any room service coffee, so I don't know if it's any better than the self-serve, but I doubt it. They also have espresso and cappucino at the bars, but they charge for those as well. They did have a good selection of tea, however, and that was free.

Closed Thread

Tags
costamediterraneaforum