Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Crystal has announced their 2008 voyages. Read about it here.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Dave, I toured Crystal Symphony about a year ago and everything was top-notch. She is a beautiful ship both inside and out. The light snack I had onboard was far superior to any meal I've enjoyed during tours of other ships. One of these days, when I feel our son is mature enough to not be a nuisance, I would love to cruise Crystal.

I don't think the review was ever posted, though, as it was before I came to this site. Tom -- please let me know if you'd like a copy.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator

One of the moderators - Sandy - just did a seminar on one of the Crystal ships. I'd have a hard time coming up with a better place to have a seminar!

Crystal is out there for us too. I'd love to cruise with that line. Many say that once you do, you are spoiled and can never look at the "mainstream" lines again.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
A good friend of mine did one Crystal cruise; now he won't even consider Holland America!
I'm curious, but I sure don't want to become a cruise snob.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Although I've never been on Crystal, I'd assume one wouldn't find passengers wandering the public rooms at night still in their t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops (which can be a common sight on Carnival, RCI, NCL).

Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM

I sailed the Symphony a couple of years ago Southampton to Athens with a great stop in Bordeaux. Great food, service and the BEST wild mushroom soup on the high seas served in their alternate dining room, Prego.

When we arrived at Stromboli, the captain just "hung out" there so that everyone on board would have the opportunity to witness an eruption - they are just like "old faithful". Great evening's entertainment! After dinner cocktails on the promenade while witnessing one of Mother Nature's fireworks displays!

We had the good fortune to meet and spend time with Jacques Pepin on that cruise. Very nice man!

Cruise snob? Moi? Well, maybe a little.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello ChucksOK,
I certainly meant no offence by my "cruise snob" statement, and I sincerely hope none was taken.
I was referring to an actual friend who would not cruise with his family on Holland America for no other reason than it was not Crystal! To me, that's a cruise snob.
I long for the day I am able to cruise on Crystal.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Jacques Pepin - one of my favorite "celebrity" chefs. Trivia - when he was almost killed in a car wreck many years ago he was taken to the hospital across the street from where we lived and where I was born. Of course, at the time he was not famous just busted up really bad. He is lucky to have survived that awful accident.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 PM

We just returned from our second cruise on Crystal in December. We sailed on the Harmony before she left the fleet, and our cruise in December was on the Serenity. We love everything about the cruise line, the food, entertainment, and especially the service. Even on rainy sea days, the ship never feels crowded. If you have any questions please ask. We are now totally Crystalized.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:59 PM

If I had Dave's money I'd cruise on Crystal all the time.

Closed Thread