1) Although embarkation was not scheduled until 2:30 PM, I was able to board just after 12 PM and although my cabin was not ready, I was able to walk the ship, check out the library and DVD library and enjoy the La Verandah restaurant until 1:30 PM when my room was ready.
2) Be sure to take several of the free "Alaska Destination" booklets in port before boarding the ship as they contain both worthwhile coupons, freebies, and information on each of the ports and their stores, tours.
3) Make reservations for either Signatures (French cuisine) or Latitudes (Indo-chine & Asian fusion) restaurants as soon as possible after boarding as they fill-up fairly quick.
4) Be sure to experience room service at least once whether it is a full meal or a snack-appetizer. You will be pleased.
5) Complete your in-room liquor request form as soon as you are allowed into your cabin.
6) Spend at least some day-at-sea time in the Observation Lounge taking in the wonderful views
7) If you get the urge for popcorn, check into the movie theater and you might get lucky like I did and get a bag of fresh-popped popcorn.
8) Be sure to tell any of the maitre'd's how you wish to dine---with company or not and they will do their best to accomodate you. I prefer larger tables for socializing and then learning about new experiences that are available.
9) On many mornings, the tour groups were directed to the Constellation Theater prior to disembarking and I noted that the ship had set up continental breakfast items in the room for those people waiting. That was a nice touch for late sleepers and late arrivals.
10) Disembarkation was painless and EXTREMELY fast as we started @ 7 AM and by 8 AM the ship was emptied. Request an early room service breakfast on your final night onboard.
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"---Helen Gurley Brown
You can also order a big bowl of popcorn via room service, and it's also freshly popped. We ordered popcorn, shrimp and a couple of other things and invited friends in for cocktail hour before dinner one night. Great fun! This was on the Navigator last year from New York to Bermuda.