Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2003, 12:14 AM

hello, I would like to know if anybody out there has been on this ship. My family and I are sailing on this ship in July from Barcelona and I would like some information about this boat, how are the cabins, is it ok for one teenage girl and boy 15 and 12 respectively.I realise this ship is for spanish tourists but i believe there are dutch and americans also on board.

thanking you

janet.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:14 AM

hello, I would like to know if anybody out there has been on this ship. My family and I are sailing on this ship in July from Barcelona and I would like some information about this boat, how are the cabins, is it ok for one teenage girl and boy 15 and 12 respectively.I realise this ship is for spanish tourists but i believe there are dutch and americans also on board.

thanking you

janet.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:07 AM

Hi Janet,

I've not been on the "Oceanic" but I saw her in Barcelona last October. I'd love to hear about your cruise experience upon your return. There's so little information about those Spanish ships.

Thanks so much, and have a great cruise!

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-21-2003, 08:08 AM

I believe this is the same Oceanic that was The Big Red Boat.I sailed on her 4 times to the Bahamas.She is a classic and historic liner built in 1965.She is 39000 tons, not small but not huge either.I consider the Oceanic to be one of my favorites.No, she does not have a 10 story atrium, rock climbing walls, skating rinks,etc but she is a very nice ship.Hope you have a great cruise.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:15 PM

Hi Joe,

yes, it's the same "Oceanic". I have two wallpapers of the ship on my web site, one in the old Premier colors and another one in Pullmantur colors.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-23-2003, 07:37 AM

thanks very much for the repies, I would still like to know about cabins etc, bar prices if somebody has some more info would certainly appreciate it.

thanks so much

janet.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:00 PM

I found the cabins we were in to be a nice size and well arranged.We were inside all 4 times on the ship.Three times on Continental deck, one time on pool deck.Some 'C' deck abins have seperate split bahtrooms, one side with tub and sink, another side with toilet and sink,very convenient for 2 people dressing for dinner.My favorites were the 6 inside cabins on pool deck. They were small but well laid out.They were close to the pools and hot tubs during the day and very quite at night.I never had an outside room on the Oceanic (we are not wealthy) but I did look into many of them.All were very nice, most had portholes.Have a great cruise.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:03 PM

Hi we have not cruised on her with the new owners . But we did cruise her 3 times as Home Linnes Oceanic ,and 3 times as the Starship Oceanic .There was a time where she may have been the best cruise ship in the world with Home Linnes .She changed alot as the Big Red Boat . Not as good . With Home linnes she had the very best service and food . We have been on 58 cruises . and all the cruise linnes . And i can say Home Linnes Oceanic was the best . Now the new ships of today offer alot more in the way of ships . But non better in the food or service ares. I have friends looking at doing her next summer . I think you and your family should have a great time . I still love this ship .
Mr Veendam

IT'S GOOD TO BE ON A WELL RUN SHIP !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, inside, pullmantur, ship