Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 06:22 PM

I am trying to persuade a friend to go on a cruise on the MSC Opera, but he's afraid that, since pasta and tomato sauce doesn't agree with him, that his food choices will be too limited on this Italian line. True?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:55 AM

Hi,

I think you'll be happy with the food. Italian Cuisine is far more then just Pizza and Pasta. Fish, white meat, fresh vegetables and the fruit selection were among the best I've ever had on any cruise ship. You'll find fine grilled Burgers and Ribs for lunch and in the afternoon at the Outdoor Grill. At Dinner there is always grilled New York Steak, Chicken Breast or Salmon available.

To me it is the fresh and healthy food, that sets MSC really apart from all the other mass market cruise lines. Enjoy
Old 04-14-2006, 07:34 AM

@ Carolee
I confirm with CP. Italian food might be the best cuisine (next the french one) on a cruiseship. If you wonŽt eat pasta with tomato sauce, you might choose this:
Carpaccio de polpo, cozze e gameretti or Quiche Lorraine for the entrance, than Zuppa di cipolle or creme die centroli allo yoghurt, teh main dis would be Pesce sopada alla castigliana or Pollo al vino rosso or Cosciotto dŽagnello arrosto or Mousaka di verdure alla greca. At least formaggi....
You alwas can have grilled burgers or steaks as much as you want.
Have a nice cruising
Uwe

Closed Thread