Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 05:48 PM

I have read very little here about Costa. I know I am surrounded by Carnival fanatics but you see Costa's ships in port where the other lines sail and I have always been intrigued to know what a Costa cruise is like.

Any one want to expound on their experiences?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:42 PM

Costa has an Italian theme. Food and entertainment on Costa is much like the other cruise lines with some exceptions. Costa has a toga party, and a Mr Pizza contest which is quite funny. They carry a large International clientele, expecially on the Europe cruises. Announcements are given in several different languages. Some of their ships are the same design as the Carnival Spirit class ships. You will find decor interesting. No reason you shouldn't have a good time on them.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:01 PM

I guess the larger questions is would you sail a Costa cruise if you had the availability of an equal itinerary and pricing on say, HAL or Celebrity and of course, Carnival?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 AM

We're going on our 3rd Costa cruise in a few weeks, I'm really excited. I hope it's as much fun as the first 2 I went on. We're sailing on the Magica. There was a post from Ranata on this site about Costa. According to Ranata, the ships are clean and the food was good. I couldn't resist the itinerary or the price for a Christmas cruise. We're going to San Juan, St. Thomas, La Romana, and Grand Turk. San Juan-no biggie, St. Thomas-probably go to Trunk Bay if the weather is nice, La Romana-I'm going to try to get a snorkel trip, but they didn't have any excursions listed, so am playing it by ear, Grand Turk-snorkeling. The last cruise on Costa was on the Carla in 1987, so it's been a long time. Right now, Princess is my favorite and we've booked the Emerald for next November. I'll let you know how it goes when we get back. Best wishes!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:41 AM

Penny,

Thanks for the information and I hope you have a great cruise. I am looking forward to hearing about it.

Ken
Old 11-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Chef Ken

If you are a "chef" you will love Costa. The Line is very Italian themed and service is great. If you have been on a few Carnival ships (newer ones) you will not get lost on the Newer Costa ships they have the same deck plans just no big red smoke stack. The crews are normally great but you have to keep in mind there is a lot of the European thinking there also. When I went on her at 4 pm everyday the ship took a tea break. I had not experinced that since the Rhapsody and The Oceanic trips. But you will enjoy the ships very nice and clean.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
I guess the larger questions is would you sail a Costa cruise if you had the availability of an equal itinerary and pricing on say, HAL or Celebrity and of course, Carnival?
Well when you ask the question that way, then I would sail Celebrity, Hal, Carnival first.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:51 PM

Well having been on all those lines before I would without question for those you have mentioned go one them in this order, Unless of course someone is going to pay my way, Then I will go on the one you pay for.

Ist Choice- Celebrity
2nd - Costa
3rd - HAL
8th - Carnival

But thats just me

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
arosa, sun