Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 04:58 PM

Needing some time away, I booked myself on a 7-day Mediterranean cruise on Costa (in mid-May). Will travel from Rome to Catania to La Valletta, Malta to Gabes and Tunis, Tunisia to Sardinia and Corsica.

I'm seeking some advice on what to be sure to catch in each port. I've read the critiques on the site and know I'm most likely in for more children, smoking and Europeans than on the US lines, but I'd rather focus on those things that will make my trip a great experience than some of the other postings I have read.

Thank you.
2004 Oosterdam
2003 Millennium
2002 Zandaam
2000 Grand Princess
Old 04-05-2008, 04:58 PM

Needing some time away, I booked myself on a 7-day Mediterranean cruise on Costa (in mid-May). Will travel from Rome to Catania to La Valletta, Malta to Gabes and Tunis, Tunisia to Sardinia and Corsica.

I'm seeking some advice on what to be sure to catch in each port. I've read the critiques on the site and know I'm most likely in for more children, smoking and Europeans than on the US lines, but I'd rather focus on those things that will make my trip a great experience than some of the other postings I have read.

Thank you.
2004 Oosterdam
2003 Millennium
2002 Zandaam
2000 Grand Princess
Old 04-05-2008, 09:39 PM

I've sailed on Costa twice, once to the Baltic area and once to the Greek Islands. I thought both cruises were great. Yes, being an Italy based cruise line, English speakers on their European itineraries are in the minority. But I never found that to be a detriment, and enjoyed meeting people from so many different countries. Most of the smoking was done on outside areas of the decks, cigarette in one hand and cell phone in the other!

Your itinerary sounds terrific. Don't forget that sometimes it's just the people with an ax to grind that want to post reviews on the internet.

Sandy
Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 AM

I haven't been on that itinerary but it sounds like a great trip with loads to see. Of course you'll have to put with the smokers & loads of announcements in probably 5 languages.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Malta is amazing in that it has some very accessable and well appointed museums - given the history, if you are into knights and armor, it is the place for you. My family and I have been on about 4 other Costa cruises, and have another planned for next month. We find that the staff is attentive and friendly, and that while english speakers are in the minority, being one has never been a problem. Yes, Europeans in general have different views of smoking, etc, but the athmosphere on the ship reflects the continent itself. If you are looking for Carnival, this is probably not for you. But the menus are different, athmosphere friendly, and staff generally professional. We have always had fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
catania, la, sardinia, valletta