Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 02:00 PM

I cruised Disney three times, 98, 99 and '00. I was on the Magic. I absolutely loved it, the crew, the water, the boat. I thought they treated me and my son like we were made of gold. Now I'm married w/a 13 year old (who's done the cruises) and a 16 year old girl. I'm not sure there's enough on Disney to keep those two busy, possibly my son because he'll be comfortable. How does this compare w/a Carnival or a RC? I know that I loved the luxury (to me) and cleanliness of Disney. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:00 PM

I cruised Disney three times, 98, 99 and '00. I was on the Magic. I absolutely loved it, the crew, the water, the boat. I thought they treated me and my son like we were made of gold. Now I'm married w/a 13 year old (who's done the cruises) and a 16 year old girl. I'm not sure there's enough on Disney to keep those two busy, possibly my son because he'll be comfortable. How does this compare w/a Carnival or a RC? I know that I loved the luxury (to me) and cleanliness of Disney. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:00 AM

We've cruised with Disney once and Royal Caribbean 3 times. We have three children of various ages and they love cruising on any ship. They still talk about Disney with great fondness. I think you and your teens would really like RCCL as long as you go when there would be lots of other kids there (during school vacations). The teens are the hardest to get to meet each other and if there are lots of others their ages to choose from they will have a great time. RCCL will definitely treat you right and I think the food is better on RCCL than Disney (imho). But you can't go wrong with either Disney or RCCL. Carnival doesn't interest me.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:41 PM

I would agree that RCCL would appeal to teens more than Disney (unless your teens are really into Mickey Mouse! ) I'd recommend checking out the big Voyager class ships - lots to do, especially for active folks.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:41 PM

I forgot to mention - I loved Disney too!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:01 PM

I am a 13 year old myself and iloved my disney cruise. i hung out in the teen club the whole time and they kept us busy. they had partys at night and different activities every day. We even have are own beach on castaway cay.And mickey mouse is not everywhere in the club or on the beach. The counselers in the club are the best too. There so much fun to be around and they make sure we have a great time.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:19 PM

I have never done a Disney cruise, although want to when my nieces & nephews are abit older. But, I do cruise several times a year with Princess & highly recommend them.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
13, compare, cruise, cruises, crystal, director, disney, magic, wine, year