Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I just booked my first Disney cruise and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. We have been on NCL before but have never taken the kids with us. Their ages will be 5 & 8 when we set sail. We are going next Oct. for halloween. Has anyone ever been on the ship for halloween? If so, what were some of the things they did for the kids? Also any tips for traveling with kids? Any info. will be greatly appreciated. Thank you soo much and have a great week!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 PM

kvaday- Welcome to cruise chat! Firstly, do NOT worry about the kids. They will have the time of their lives. They will have costume contests and trick or treating. So if they are worried that they will be missing Halloween at home, tell them they will still be able to go trick or treating.

As for tips on traveling with kids, Disney is geared towards kids and you will have plenty of time for yourselves too. The kids will often be very busy in the activities and that gives you time to go to the spa or other things without worrying about them.

Ask whatever questions you come up with. Someone here will be able to answer them.

And lastly, you need to change your signature from HTML code to BB code as this forum's software does not work with HTML (as you can see from your ticker not showing up correctly) Look in this forum section at the top about cruise tickers and there is a topic on how to make them work correctly.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 PM

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 PM

You picked the best cruise line for kids, believe me.

I have a tip for you.. Be sure to introduce your children to the programs as soon as possible, don't wait for the 2nd or 3rd day, the kids will have an easier time fitting in and will want to attend more and won't be as shy. Nothing worse than your child not wanting to do thier programs, Disney has some great ones and I'm certain that they'll have some activities for Halloween. Call Disney, I'm sure they'll know.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:27 PM

We are going on a Disney cruise for the first time in April. Does anyone know how strict they are in the Oceaneer club ( kids club ) as far as ages are concerned. I have a 4 and a 7 year old and want them to be together but hear they seperate them into groups based on ages. The 3 and 4 year olds in one group and the 5 to 7 year olds in another. Also, how strict are they on Castaway Cay as far as ages go?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM

Your kids will both be in the lab at ages 4 & 7, even though 2 different groups. They will always let the older go down, but never the younger up unless they are within 1 month of the next age group. The programming is so specific, they will have a blast and will nit miss each other. Unlike other cruiselines, DCL is like going to summer camp for them. Very age specic. Very structured. So I would not suggest to the Crew Members to make your older child come down with the babies, this will ruin his vacation. Trust me after 3 DCL cruises, I can swear this to you. They help the kids make peer friends and they do well just like school.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, ages, clubs, cruise, cruises, disney, forums, halloween, hildrens, june, kids, line, progams, reviews, strict