Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 02:03 PM

I Just heard back from Oceania regarding my theft. (After I forwarded this chat line to them.)
Because they hire an outside crew to unload your bags your last night they cannot be responsible for what happens to them when they are moved 100 yards from the ship(in a tent). They apparently do not monitor this process. So basically, if you take a Oceania cruise and leave your bags outside of your room as instructed by the cruise director and your bag is stolen or broken into to …you
Get nothing in credit or compensation. I think there is a den of thieves on board and no one will address it!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM

I know you are very upset, but my husband and I travel every month and pack our suitcase as if we would never see it again. We also take out luggage insurance. This is a lesson for everyone. If it's important to you, take it with you when you depart the ship or fly. We use TSA approved locks and they have been opened numerous times by handlers.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 AM

I doubt any insurance will pay anything in this case since one is not even covered when these items are in checked luggage. Valuables should always be in your carry on regardless.

I would expect you all to have read your insurance policies and know about that?!?!?
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cabfrancair:
...I would like to know the presidents email. ... I sent several messages and did not get one response..not even when I sent return receipt requested by email.
Hi cabfrancair,
I have send a mail to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Oceania Cruises, Frank del Rio with the link to this thread. Mailadress is
Maybe he will give an answer.
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 PM

Now If it was Me I would Have Taken the Shirts...I already have an I-Pod
Old 10-29-2006, 12:58 PM

now that's funny...never heard from delrio
Old 03-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Just in case someone from Oceania does read this blog, here's a suggestion:
1. Pay the few hundred bucks to replace the stuff that was stolen,
2. Get yourselves a new baggage handler. Maybe V.Ships has already addressed this.
Do both these things and tell us all about it.
Cheapest advertising you'll do all year.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I had the same icky experience during the Oceania Baltic cruise on Insignia this summer. My digital camera, CD player and CDs were stolen out of my locked luggage on the last night, after the bags were placed outside the door. I discovered the locks had been removed when I retrieved my bags at the airport the next morning. However, I found Oceania's patronizing email response even more of a violation than the actual theft. After several emails and phone calls to report the incident, Oceania took 6 weeks to reply. The customer service rep, and finally a supervisor, sent chillingly polite, nonspecific email responses. I was advised to purchase travel insurance in the future. I am amazed with the discrepancy between the level of service & care during the cruise and the complete disregard shown after all the bills (and gratuities) had been paid. This leads me to believe that theft may be a common experience for Oceania passengers, and one that this cruiseline is not willing to address. Very unfortunate. I am interested in knowing what kind of respone you received.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:28 PM

OPS! my error!
We are very disturbed as we have just put down a deposit for our 2nd cruise with Oceania.
We has splendid experiences with all of the crew and it bothers us that this sort of rot would be allowed to occur.

Has anyone any experience of the Winter reposition from Barcelona to Miami? Why is it listed by ssome to stop in Bermuda and by others not to?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cirrus S22:
Has anyone any experience of the Winter reposition from Barcelona to Miami? Why is it listed by ssome to stop in Bermuda and by others not to?
I have never done a TA but Oceania website says the Regatta goes to Bermuda this year.
So not sure what your question is really.
By Some , do you mean other websites?
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, baby, baltic, baltics, contact, critic, cruise, cruises, email, oceania, oceanic, princess, programs, reviews, theft