Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

We went on the celebrity horizon in april 03. What a disapoitment. the public areas hallway carpet and so on were filthy.The cabin steward had an attitude problem from day 1.the toilets in our cabin and several others near us backed up.this was about the 3rd day out. what a mess and what a smell.the lounge entertainment was horrible at best.the buffet is closed during dinner hours so you have to go to the dinning room or don't eat.we missed key west altogether, and were late getting to the rest of the ports.we were in grand cayman for about 2hrs. so we didn't have time to take a tour.to top it all off we were 2-3 hrs late getting back into tampa. the disembarkation though was much better than the embarkation that was the worst ever.the one and only bright spot was our waiter and bus boy they were great. but i would not sail the horizon again for free it was just lousy.do your self a favor and find some other cruise line. after all the problems we had celebrity gave us a 100.00 credit toward another cruise of equal or greater value. I geuss they don't need repeat bussiness. We are not novice cruisers I think this was #23.

change screen name to tls630 from thomas stanton
Old 01-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Banned

We went on the celebrity horizon in april 03. What a disapoitment. the public areas hallway carpet and so on were filthy.The cabin steward had an attitude problem from day 1.the toilets in our cabin and several others near us backed up.this was about the 3rd day out. what a mess and what a smell.the lounge entertainment was horrible at best.the buffet is closed during dinner hours so you have to go to the dinning room or don't eat.we missed key west altogether, and were late getting to the rest of the ports.we were in grand cayman for about 2hrs. so we didn't have time to take a tour.to top it all off we were 2-3 hrs late getting back into tampa. the disembarkation though was much better than the embarkation that was the worst ever.the one and only bright spot was our waiter and bus boy they were great. but i would not sail the horizon again for free it was just lousy.do your self a favor and find some other cruise line. after all the problems we had celebrity gave us a 100.00 credit toward another cruise of equal or greater value. I geuss they don't need repeat bussiness. We are not novice cruisers I think this was #23.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:52 AM

Hmmmm can't imagine a cruise from hell on any Celebrity ship....now maybe on a Carnival ship which might be possilbe. You just had a bad week which can happen on any ship. Try them again on another ship and you will have good time.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Banned

I took your advice,maybe it was a bad week or just a bad ship. We booked on the century. can anyone give some help on this one. Is it as good as I was told. My travel agent says he never has complaints on this one.

Old 01-17-2004, 05:46 PM

Thomas,
The Horizon and Zenith are both older ships in the Celebrity fleet. Having sailed both, they are nothing like the rest of the Celebrity line. The Century Class is like cruising on an entirely different line. You will not be disappointed! On the Century you wil be treated to the full Celebrity Experience (That's a good thing, BTW).

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-12-2004, 08:46 AM

Thomas,
Thats great! You will like the newer ship. The horizon is just a little older and smaller. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the newer ships. You might also want to start looking at other cruise lines as well. Princess and Holland are also very good lines. Have a good time on your cruise.

Cruz
Old 02-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned

Cruznboy41
Thanks for the info. We like the mid size ships ok. The REGAL was one of my favorites. The problem with the horizon was it was dirty. We had to beg the cbin steward for clean pillows, the public area carpet was beyond dirty, dirty dishes and siler in the buffet area.I am looking at Holland America for the next one. But everyone I have talked to loves the Century so we will see.
Tom

Old 02-17-2004, 07:40 AM

Galaxy was nice. If the Concierge and Staff could do their jobs and get our luggage to us. Never let Celebrity handle your transfers. They left our luggage in Baggage Claims in San Juan, PR. We did not receive them for 3 days. Celebrity did not offer us anything. We received a insurance form for our expenses which US Air was suppose to accept. US Air did not accept it. Lucky for us we found a K-Mart in St Thomas. There was no where on the ship to find basic health care needs.

Closed Thread