Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 06:22 AM

I would suggest those going on Cunard, Carnival, Princess and Costa not to enter your personal information such as date of birth, passport number, address, phone numbers, travelling dates, etc. in the site Check-in (Personalizer as it is sometimes called). It is very insecure. Anyone with your booking reference and names can access your private information. Your booking reference can be obtain from outside mailing labels (which are used to send you information and tickets, etc. by the cruise lines). With that information and your name clearly shown on the outside labels, anyone seeing that can access all your personal information that have been entered to pre-check-in. And they will know when you are away, address, phone #,your date of birth, passport numbers, contact information and whatever else your have entered. With personal identity theft so prevalent, you have shown your personal information to anyone who wants to see it.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure I agree with you, Jack01; I've never seen a booking number on a mailing label or anywhere else on the outside of a mailing. The Captain's Circle number is often part of the address but that wouldn't do you any good without access to the Cruise Personalizer. And even if someone obtained my booking number they would still need my password to access my Cruise Personalizer information, same as my bank account.

So long as you protect your password and observe the same precautions with your Cruise Personalizer as you do with your other important accounts, you should have no problem.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 PM

I'm sure I totally disagree as far as Carnival. No one can access my booking number and personal information except myself, my TA and Carnival.

Are you referring to this incident concerning Royal Caribbean?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack01 View Post
I would suggest those going on Cunard, Carnival, Princess and Costa not to enter your personal information such as date of birth, passport number, address, phone numbers, travelling dates, etc. in the site Check-in (Personalizer as it is sometimes called). It is very insecure. Anyone with your booking reference and names can access your private information. Your booking reference can be obtain from outside mailing labels (which are used to send you information and tickets, etc. by the cruise lines). With that information and your name clearly shown on the outside labels, anyone seeing that can access all your personal information that have been entered to pre-check-in. And they will know when you are away, address, phone #,your date of birth, passport numbers, contact information and whatever else your have entered. With personal identity theft so prevalent, you have shown your personal information to anyone who wants to see it.
Most cruise companis don't send tickets/tags etc in the mail anymore, so that's not a problem. It's all online these days.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Default f-Mattox
Hi:
I have kept the mailing envelop as evidence. I was prepared that it is difficult to believe that such a company would do things this way. if anyone wants to see the envelop, I can show it.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth, booking, carnival, cruise, date, edit, information, labels, mail, mailing, personal, reference, reviews, tickets