Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 AM

I've cruised twice on carnival and I know they sometimes have specials/discounts/promotions, I was wondering if Disney does the same? I'm planning on a Disney cruise for maybe Nov 2008.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Disney does have promotions but they will never be in line as far as pricing with Carnival. Typically Disney is about double the cost of CCL. Your best bet is to try to find one of the mass market .com cruise providers that has purchased a large block of cabins with Disney. That is the only time you'll ever see Disney pricing competitive with the other mainstream lines.

The name Disney and having Snow White onboard just seems to cost mare and people are willing to pay the difference.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

You can find some good deals on Disny but you just have to watch for them. Disney will never be low like CCL or RCI as they are in a different category. First of all its Disney and you know its good quality. On Disney the the staterooms are bigger. The whole cruise is completely different than the mass cruise lines...You will pay more but you also get a whole lot more....the children's program alone is worth it. Its not a drop off day care like it is on CCL or RCI..not that thats bad...but Disney just does it so much better. You will pay more for disney...but when you sail with Disney you will notice a huge difference.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 PM

daddyx2, you should quit your job and go into marketing for Mickey! They can certainly afford to pay you well with the pricing of their theme parks and cruises. You're good!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

Sorry, but you can have Disney (from my perspective). I live in California, grew up Disney, and was absolutely turned off by Dizzy World in Orlando this year due to the fact they can ream the customer and won't take me out to dinner first. Just my opinion. Grumble, grumble, grumble.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:29 AM

OMG! And this is a Disney Topic.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

Your point?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:06 AM

I'm with gc on this one. The only line in the industry that will sail half full in off season to keep their rediculous pricing through the roof to sail.

The reports I get back from clients are not a bit better than from other lines, except for thier emtertainment. Also, very few when I get those surveys check the box that says good value for the money spent.

there are other personal and professional reasons they don't appeal to me but that's not a subject for the board.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Call me Grumpy...and proud of it.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by simphhcc:
I've cruised twice on carnival and I know they sometimes have specials/discounts/promotions, I was wondering if Disney does the same? I'm planning on a Disney cruise for maybe Nov 2008.
I was wondering the same thing after seeing a Travel Channel special on Disney Cruise Line yesterday. I'm not a fan of The Mouse, but the ships look beautiful!

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, discounts, disney