Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Has anyone taken an easycruise. your comments are welcomed.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Has anyone taken an easycruise. your comments are welcomed.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Maybe if I was 19, working my way through college, and had never been on a real cruise, I might give it a try.

But the "Motel 6" of cruising holds no appeal for me at all.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Administrator

It is not much more than a floating youth hostel.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:28 AM

If someone has actually taken an easycruise, I'd like to know if:
o accomodations are clean.
o food is better/worse than Carnival
o what relation of present Easycruise based in Greece is with respect to the EasyCruise that offered tour of Holland/belgium.
Thank you
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

I doubt you will find anyone on this board who has cruised on easycruise. For your info, the Easycruise Two (river barge), which was in Holland, has stopped service and will not be offered in 2008 either. The line recently acquired a more standard cruise ship which is called Easycruise Life, and they still have the Easycruise One. It is/was all one cruise line. They leased the river barge for Easycruise Two but the company they leased from had some financial problems and the lease ended last month.

Accomodation cleanliness depends on whether you pay for it. There are no room stewards assigned to each cabin. You either pay for your cabin to be cleaned or do it yourself.

Food is sports bar quality and variety, so I'd say it is significantly "worse" than Carnival's although I happen to find Carnival's food to be of a very high quality. Most easycruise passengers eat ashore or bring back food to eat aboard, if that is any indication. You do know that food is not included in the cruise price? The cruise only includes your cabin, such as they are, with around 108 square feet and mattresses on the deck.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:21 PM

brother_unknown,

the difference between easyCruise and Carnival is as big as the one between a youth hostel and a five-star hotel.

easyCruise is about as basic as it can get. The ship won't even refill the toilet paper in your cabin's bathroom free of charge!

If you are looking for any kind of "cruise experience", do stay away from easyCruise. If you are looking for a very basic camping ground on the high seas, easyCruise might be for you.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 AM
there is an easycruise forum & I must admit I haven't looked at it at www.bigorangeboat.com that may provide you with more information.

Looking at reviews on a couple of british forums, it is clear that the people who went on easycruise for a few days knew exactly what to expect and seemed to be more than happy when they went.
Yes rooms are small but if you are organised they are adequate. The great thing about easycruise is that unlike on most cruises that depart early evening, easycruise leaves at about 3am so you can have a late night meal or go to a show or nightlub in the town.

Closed Thread