Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2003, 11:10 AM

Hi. I'm getting ready to take my first cruise in October and am considering the Disney Wonder going to the Bahamas. My daughter gets car sick and am worried about her on a cruise. Would it be wise to load up on medicine. Also, is one deck better than another for motion sickness. I'd love to have a verandah but don't know if she can handle it. Thanks for any information.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:10 AM

Hi. I'm getting ready to take my first cruise in October and am considering the Disney Wonder going to the Bahamas. My daughter gets car sick and am worried about her on a cruise. Would it be wise to load up on medicine. Also, is one deck better than another for motion sickness. I'd love to have a verandah but don't know if she can handle it. Thanks for any information.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:51 PM

Elaine, we sailed on the Wonder in Feb. (I have a review on this site, and on my own site at www.knowlton.org/travel). From our experience (and that of our friends who traveled with us), I would say not to worry. Check with your doctorto make sure it's ok for your daughter, but I would suggest having a supply of Bonine with you just in case. Often that route is quite smooth and there should be no problem at all.

The best thing to do is NOT to suggest to her that she will have a problem. Our friend's daughter was convinced she would get sick, so she felt that way the first night, although there was almost no motion to detect! The next day, when she had other things to do, she was fine (and she dealt with the little boat going to the snorkel excursion without any meds at all.) She made no mention of motion sickness the entire rest of the cruise.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:08 AM

My ex who has a hard time in a car didn't have any problems what so ever onboard the wonders sister ship the Magic. I think Karen's advice about not suggesting she will have a problem is spot on.

T

Disney's Magic 1999

Disney's Magic 2003 (sept 20th!)

Closed Thread