Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 PM

I just got back today from the Costa Magica and I loved it. I had a great time. Everything was excellent from the cabin, food, entertainment and service. There are two formal gala nights and one toga night. I didn't really like La Romana very much. It was old and dirty. Grand Turks was my favourite. In Puerto Rico, I watched a Latin Show with Juan Carlos and it was amazing. He reminded me of a Latin Johnny Cash. St. Thomas is all about expensive jewellery.
There weren't very many kids on board and not much singles. It was mainly older people. I heard the Carnival was better for younger people.
The ship is so big and there is so much to do. The treadmills in the gym had flat panels t.v. screens. There are so many activities on board that you can keep busy all day long.
The midnight buffets were awesome. Good way to get out and mingle. There is also a disco on board to dance the night away.
I would really recommend the Costa Magica. I am looking forward to another cruise sometime this summer.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:51 PM

What did you do in Grand Turks ? We have never been to this port so we are not to sure what there is to do .
Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Well, there is a beautiful beach/pool when you get off the ship with chairs that are available to us. There are a few shops and a Margaritaville bar. The drinks are expensive there. I bought a virgin pina colada and it cost me $7.90US.
There were many water excursions on this island. Some people saw whales near the ship.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Magica. We sailed on her over Christmas and there were at least 1000 kids on board. We thoroughly enjoyed her as well. Princess is still my favorite, but I would not hesitate to book a Costa cruise in the future. I'll practice my toga tying before the next one
Old 01-31-2007, 09:43 PM

Just booked with this ship for Feb. 18. Can't wait. Enjoyed your information. We like to do the island tours when we cruise. Have sailed Carnival several times and it is the fun ship. My favorite so far was Carnival Miracle.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:57 PM

I too was on the Magica the same time you were. I thought the ship was beautiful but would probably not book with them again. I agree with La Romana! I didn't even want to get off the bus when it pulled up. Disgusting city.

We saw the whales you were talking about. We saw at least 4. One swam so close to the ship it was amazing. That was the best part of the trip for me.

We wondered about the age on this ship. I would say at least 80% was over 65. We figured it was probably the time of year. We met some people who had been on Royal Caribbean and they said they had alot of older people on their ship as well. The cruise staff says it is hit or miss. This time of year is generally older, holidays and summer months are usually younger.

I had my fill however, of Italian food as well as the rudeness of the waitstaff. Our room steward was great but the dining room staff was so bad we took off all tips for the dining room.

All in all it was fun though. I am glad I went.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM

Hi Debster11
Wow, small world that we were on the same cruise. It's too bad that you didn't get good service at the restaurant. Which restaurant did you have dinner at? I was at the Portofino early dinner. I had such a good time that I wish I was still there. I would love to go back and see Turks & Caicos again.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM

Hi.... am going on Costa Meterranean end of Feb. was wondering if they have that Wine Deal (that is for 7 nights) for a certain amount. We had this deal on Opera & Lirica (MSC) about $85US for the 7 diners..

Thank you . happy to see you enjoyed your Cruise. This will be my 18th Cruise.... Wow
Old 02-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Don't know if I will make this with your trip being the end of Feb but they did have a wine deal you spoke of. It was $145.00 for 7 bottles of wine. A pretty decent deal but not as good as the $85.00 you spoke of.

NROCHA-we had late seating which I was not happy about. I wanted early seating and we booked this cruise in March 06 and I would have thought that we would have been accommodated. We were in Smerelda dining room.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread