Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 06:12 AM

I have just booked my first Disney Cruise for myself and my 6 year old daughter. I am a single mom and we have cruised many times in the past - Carnival. I just had never been able to justify the high cost for a 3 nighter when I could go on a 7 day Carnival for the same or less. I have figured I'd better book one before she got too old to appreciate the Disney Magic, although one could enjoy that at any age. My question is this: As I am a single mom, would there be anything for me to enjoy while my daughter is engrossed in the children's program on board? Are there afternoon shows, games etc. going on during the day? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Disney has many activities going on for adults. I particularly like their cooking demonstrations. The adult pool is a nice area to relax. They will have many things similar to the other cruise lines.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:02 AM

Does anyone know about going on a cruise when the kids are in school? We are planning to go on one in September 2007 and I don't want the kids to be lonely! I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but I need to know that there will be enough kids there for them to play with . They are 7 and 9, boys. My mother thought there might only be toddlers!

Patty
Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 PM

I have cruised during non-break times. There are always some children on the ships. I don't think you would have to worry at all about finding children on the Disney cruise. There probably would be even more on the 3/4 night Wonder than the 7 night Magic, but there will be children on both.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 AM

We will be on the Wonder in September. The rates were so much better, we were willing to take our 11 & 15 year old out of school, also because it is the beginning of the school year, they won't miss much. I suspect that many people will catch on to this and have the same thoughts about it as us. If not, my kids will have the whole ship to themselves, which sounds good too!!! Enjoy your cruise!
quote:
Originally posted by Pattyyc:
Does anyone know about going on a cruise when the kids are in school? We are planning to go on one in September 2007 and I don't want the kids to be lonely! I know this is probably a ridiculous question, but I need to know that there will be enough kids there for them to play with . They are 7 and 9, boys. My mother thought there might only be toddlers!

Patty
Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

I took my daugter on a 4 night disny cruise when she was 4. The reasons I opted for the cruise...1. It was must less expensive. 2. Who in their right mind would drag a 4 year old around the Magic Kindom...not me. 3. The is just more fun....my daughter absolutely loved it and wants to back again only this time for a week...For some reason the cruise just creates so many special memories...this cruise was for me an my daughter and we will never forget it. I would highly reccommend the Disny cruise over the theme parks. Go for it!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM

You have to really love Disney to justify the difference in cost between their cruise and any comparable company cruising in the industry. They are typically 2X or more the cost of Carnival, RCI or Norwegian all of whom have childrens facilities and programs. At 6 and under it may be worth the difference to many to see Snow White onboard and they do provide a great product. For value they are not the best choice for families on a budget.

Good luck with your decision. For about the same cost as a 4 night disney cruise take a look at a 7 night on any other mainstream line that has family friendly facilities and kids programs. You'll get more of a vacation and the kids will still have a ball. Best of all you'll spend about the same for twice the length of vacation. Just a thought, not putting down Disney for those of you who love it.

Cheers, Neil
Old 09-03-2007, 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pattyyc:

Patty
Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM

I don't think a disney ship will be without children. I too am traveling in Sept 07 and not worried about my daughter(7) not being able to interact with other children. It will be fun since there won't be the rush of peak season, she will be better supervised and have the extra attention that she wouldn't get in the summer months.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 AM

I will be traveling wiht my daughter and her two children 5 and 2. Now I wonder if this was such a good idea inthat the 2 year old is not potty trained and he wont be able to use the pool. Does anybody know about the nursery that is provided for the toddlers? We would use this service on the at sea days. I do realize there is an hourly fee which is great but how often can they be in there?

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, disney, kids, mom, single