Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2004, 05:33 PM

Greetings,

My husband and I are booked on the Zuiderdam out of Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades.
Does anyone know the proximity or the $ amount for cab fare to get from the airport FLL to where the boat is docked. HA is charging $24 for 2 people ONE WAY. Wondering if it is cheaper to get a taxi.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:33 PM

Greetings,

My husband and I are booked on the Zuiderdam out of Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades.
Does anyone know the proximity or the $ amount for cab fare to get from the airport FLL to where the boat is docked. HA is charging $24 for 2 people ONE WAY. Wondering if it is cheaper to get a taxi.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:52 PM

I would guess the price would be similar or lower in a cab. It's not far from the airport to the cruise docks!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:05 PM

A taxi would be much cheaper and much more convenient aas well. The port is quite close tothe airport and the Zuiderdam docks at one of the most convenient piers.

I would get there early and board right when they start the process.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Tom
Old 02-01-2004, 01:41 AM

i just read elsewhere it was $20 with the tip
Old 02-16-2004, 04:33 PM

Does anyone know about the cruises that are offered from the Ramada Plaza Resort where you find your own way there, spend 2-3 days in Ft. Lauderdale, cruise on the Imperial Madjesty and then return back to Orlando for 2 days. You are required to put 600.00 down on a credit card, (which they take right away) and you supposly also receive 2 free trips 1 to Vegas and 1 to somewhere else. Part of your food is covered but not all. Sounds kinda fishy and too good to be true. Wondering if anyone else has been sucker into it.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:17 PM

You know what they say; if it sounds like a fish, smells like a fish, tastes like a fish, well then.....

Tom
Old 02-16-2004, 11:41 PM

Thanks Tom, my kids are now trying to get out of this trip. You know when they send that junk in the mail they make it sound so darn good, young couples think that is the only way they can go on a cruise. I checked out their web site and the comments, some people liked it for what it was...but boy did they have some bad comments too. I'm glad I found this site, if I ever decide to cruise I will know where to go to check things out. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:41 AM

Bonnie,

I believe this is one of those HIGH PRESSURE scams to sell Time Share Condo's. Basically they have you in their clutches, so they figure they will make you feel guilty.

One of my co-workers went to something similar to this in California. You do your own transporation to the site where they put you up in a nice hotel, then for 2 days they give you an intensive talk on why you should buy a time share, what they have to offer etc. Then here you get a free 3 day cruise on Carnival to Ensenada, Mexico.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:50 PM

To Paljoeysmom,

Thanks for the info, that exactly what we are thinking too. They cancelled but the company down there are not real hot in giving their money back. I hope they get all of it back so that they can do something fun but within their money limits. Is there any type of cruise package that is good but not real expensive that I maybe could guide them too. This deal was about 1200.00, I guess tho you get what you pay for. I know that they would had been very disappointed to have to attend a time share on their vacation rather than doing something fun. Expecially when they have (2) small children (5) (1). They would had expected the cruise to be everything that it wasn't. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, cruise, docks, ft, lauderdale, lines