Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 AM

i would like to know about the msc opera cruise liner .
the ship is modern and how about the cabins.
are they in the cabins a safe for personal thing and the cabin open it with key or card.
thank u
Old 09-06-2006, 09:06 PM

The Opera is a great ship. Sail with the proper expectations (price to value) and you will have a great time. The locks on the cabin doors are electronic and your sign and sail card also acts as your door key. It is very safe, but I would also recommend that you use your room safe, as well.

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 AM

to : tom ogg
thank you for tell me about the opera. now i know about my cruise and security . i would like to tell you somthing can you tell me the opera crew talk in english and how about the shops are they good ?///
i would like to go with my children and they are 13 yrs and 11 yrs can the reception gives us 3 card rooms for open the door not 1 ???
thank u
Old 09-07-2006, 02:59 PM

You always have two cards to open the room. Ask for one more. I think, taht would be no problem. Not all of the crew speak english, but you will always will find a crew member that speaks your language.
Regards
Uwe
(Forget the shops)
Old 09-10-2006, 06:19 AM

to : uwe master cruise.

thank you for responde me i think that i will have a nice cruise with your tips that you gave me. can you told me if the captain make the evaluation drill or fire drill.in case of emerency and the opera hawe many life boatsdid he have.
in the reception did have safes or no ??///
Old 09-15-2006, 05:06 AM

my brother is going a cruise with super star libra can someone tell me about it.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:47 AM

Hi Paul,
not the captain but the crew makes the evaluation drill. This is in the morning of the second day on board. There is a special signal . Than you may got to your surinum (place of appointment) that hangs out on a sign board in your cabin. The MSC Opera has enough life boats for all passengers and the crew members.
The personal safe in your cabin is big enough an it is realy safe.
To learn something about your ship, click here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/MSC/Opera.htm
and:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/home.asp

Enjoy your cruise on MS Opera
Regards
Uwe
Old 09-19-2006, 08:17 AM

Hi Paul, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.com!

MSC Cruises website contains a lot of information about the fleet, and the cruise company generally.
I will anyway recommand:
- The Virtual Tours onboard MSC Opera: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/flotta/virtualtour.asp?pag...13&tour=320&tipo=mov
- The Pictures from the ship: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/flotta/...13&page_id=309

I think that will give you a right impression of MSC Opera. You can also read some reviews from this ship, by clicking here.

Good Luck Planning Your Cruise!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Actually, ships are required to have 100% life boat (or boat and raft) capacity on both sides of the ship. This was a direct result of the sinking of the Adrea Dorria back in the late 1950's.

The ship suffered a collision with an other vessel, and started to list badly to one side and could not launch the boats on that side of the ship.

Every ship in the vacinity came to its rescue and they were using all the life boats available to tender between the ships. Everybody who survived the collision got off the ship, otherwise without assistance it could have been another Titanic.

Closed Thread