Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2002, 01:57 PM

Hi, have just returned from my first cruise on the Oriana which was fantastic. I have noticed a lot of bargains are available from mainly Airtours, Thomson (Carousel?) and some bargains with Fred Olsen.

I am undecided whether to save up and go on another P&O cruise or grab a bargain from the other companies at a fraction of the price? Any thoughts?

Caroline Bailey
Old 12-08-2002, 01:57 PM

Hi, have just returned from my first cruise on the Oriana which was fantastic. I have noticed a lot of bargains are available from mainly Airtours, Thomson (Carousel?) and some bargains with Fred Olsen.

I am undecided whether to save up and go on another P&O cruise or grab a bargain from the other companies at a fraction of the price? Any thoughts?

Caroline Bailey
Old 12-08-2002, 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carolinebailey2002:

Caroline Bailey

Hi Caroline,

Sun Cruises (Airtours) and Thomson offer cruises which are quite different from what P&O Cruises offers. Their cruises have a very casual atmosphere which stands in full contrast to P&O Cruises' formal atmosphere (nobody has more formal nights than P&O). You might be disappointed by the lower standards onboard Sun Cruises or Thomson, but if you are aware of the fact that they are different, you might still have an excellent time.

Fred. Olsen is closer to P&O than any other line on the British market, but their ships are much smaller. Especially "Black Watch" has an excellent reputation, and "Braemar" also seems to be very nice. I do not consider "Black Prince" on par with the other two ships, however.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-14-2003, 02:11 AM

WE travelled on the carousel for the new year the best value for money cruise we have had,you have to remember the ship os 30yrs old.very good crew reasonable prices on board.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, airtours, bargain, cruises, powered, price, thompson, thomson, tours, vbulletin