Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM

Hello there! My fiance and I were thinking about taking this cruise to the Southern Caribbean for our honeymoon. WE'll be 30 by the time it happens, we've cruised on RCL and Carnival before and just aren't sure if we should go for it or not. The price seems fabulous, especially compared to the expensive Greece vacation I really want to take before i have kids. I know all of you out there are such experienced cruisers and I would love your opinions because I really need help.
Thanks so much,
Michelle
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 PM

MSC is an Italian cruise line, and as such, will have a more European atmosphere than RCL or Carnival. I don't believe it has the "party" feel that Costa does (no toga parties). I've heard some good reports of its food and service in Europe.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 AM

Vacation queen, we went on the Lirica in March on a 12 day Panama cruise and loved it. Service,food,itinery and price was excellant. We really enjoyed the ship itself,just the right size and laid out very nice. Read my post in cruise chat, "Lirica", didn't get around to do a review.
JC
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Hello Vacation queen;

Did you abandon your plans for Seabourn? I would have thought that would be the "perfect" honeymoon cruise.

Well, I'm sure you will love MSC Lirica as well.

Besides, I've heard once you experience Seabourn, you can never turn back.

Congratulations again!

Rick
Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM

The Lirica is a beautiful ship. I did an 11 day cruise in April '07 and would certainly do it again. The one and only thing I missed on the ship was a showband in the theater.
Food is great and the staff is very friendly.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 AM

We took the cruise to Panama with them a year ago. We had a great time (on board with friends) and enjoyed the ports HOWEVER, the food was the worst we have ever experienced on a ship. The lamb chops had no meat - just fat. The ice cream was made from powder and you could only tell the flavors from the color - all tasted the same. We kept apologizing to the Europeans because the food came from Miami (ice cream from some obscure dairy I looked up after we got home). Same exact balloon bread baguettes for dinner every night, no variety of bread. I cannot imagine what they paid to feed us - must have been half what other cruise lines pay.

Closed Thread

Tags
lirica, location, msc