Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 01:50 PM

Hi - We are going on our first cruise in a month with P&O's Oriana - I have read the many excellent articles on this site but would love to receive any tips and thought's from members who have cruised with Oriana or general tips on visiting the Canaries and Madeira?

Our party is 4 in number, we are to stay in 3 inside cabins on A deck.

Caroline Bailey
Old 10-14-2002, 01:50 PM

Hi - We are going on our first cruise in a month with P&O's Oriana - I have read the many excellent articles on this site but would love to receive any tips and thought's from members who have cruised with Oriana or general tips on visiting the Canaries and Madeira?

Caroline Bailey
Old 10-14-2002, 03:27 PM

Can't help with MAdeira & Canary Islands, but would love to do that. I might be mistaken, but I think the Oriana is the former Ocean Princess. If that's the case, you're in for a treat. She was christened early 2000, and we sailed her through the Panama Canal in April of 2000. Very clean throughout, and they'll bend over backwards to help. We had an outside cabin, so can't help you there. Wherever you are, there's just so much to do, that you'll be spending little time in your rooms. Happy sailing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 06:02 PM

Reply to Sue
The Ocean Princess will sail for P&O under the name "Oceana". "Oriana" has been sailing for a number of years for P&O, and was their last newbuild before "Aurora".

Reply to Caroline
You will love the Oriana - a great ship. I haven't sailed to the Canaries, but have been to Madiera - a wonderful port of call with lots of sights to see. Enjoy your cruise!

Robyn
Old 10-14-2002, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the info. Don't know why they can't come up with better naming. They way they change ships around, one can never tell. Will put it away for future reference.
Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 04:41 AM

Hi caroline, you're in for a treat on Oriana a beautiful ship that hails back to the Golden Days of liners. My fave bar was Andersons which always had a nice atmosphere and no children! Food always supberb, staff excellent and generally a lovely ship for a first cruise.

I cruised the Cnary Island in November, so I did take some sea sick tablets with me as you never can tell what the Bay of Biscay will be up to if you're cruising from Southampton as I did. At Madeira, grab a taxi to the top of the hill and enjoy the sled run down again! I think I screamed myself hoarse when I did it! Most taxis will wait for you at the bottom and take you back into town. A lot cheaper than the P&O tour. Reids hotel is a great place for some expensive afternoon tea, though I have heard mixed reports about it.

Lanzarote has a great lunar like surface (used to train astronauts apparently) and theres a tour that takes in te hot springs and gezers! Great fun. I didn't do that many tours on the other islands, just wandered around a bit!

Have a fantastic time, you will be hooked on cruising and you've definately booked with the best for your first cruise. P&O Cruises are my favourite!

Karen
Old 10-16-2002, 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carolinebailey2002:

Caroline Bailey

Caroline Bailey

Closed Thread

Tags
canaries