Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 06:52 AM

Anyone take this ship and itinerary recently. I've read mostly positive reviews, but most reviews are a bit old.

Please share your expierance and any advice you may have. thanks. Bill.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:52 AM

Anyone take this ship and itinerary recently. I've read mostly positive reviews, but most reviews are a bit old.

Please share your expierance and any advice you may have. thanks. Bill.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:43 AM

went on the Century in Feb of last year. We had a mini suite with a deck on the back of the boat. It was excellent. I just got back from the Galaxy and did the Southern Caribbean. The stops were better on the Southern Caribbean, but the Concierge and hotel staff was the worst I have ever had to deal with. Also San Juan stunk. The Century was great. In Jamaica we swam with dolphins, but don't do the water fall climb. Lots of snorkeling at the other stops, and drinking in Key West. Don't let Celebrity deal with your Transfers from the Airport to the Ship.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:26 PM

we're going on the century on 3-27-04, are you going or thinking about going
Old 03-11-2004, 07:58 AM

We're sailing on the century this Saturday. Can't wait!!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:56 AM

Please let us know how the Century was, we are going in a couple weeks to the eastern carribean.Hope you have a wonderful time.
Tom
Old 03-31-2004, 09:08 AM

I really liked the Century. Of course this was our first cruise and have nothing to compare it to, but I felt it was great. The service and food were outstanding. I felt spoiled. Every night was like eating in a four star restaurant. The ship was kept immaculate at all times. My only compliant would be that the bar waiter (they call him a somalier or something like that) kind of ignored our table as I was the only one who would have a drink at dinner. but he got better as the week went on.

We didn't see any of the shows so I can't comment on the entertainment. We were always unwinding from our day on shore or from the big dinner we just ate when the shows were scheduled. Our table mates though did comment that the shows were good.

Our stateroom attendant Vincent did a good job and was very friendly.

If you're looking for a nice quiet area on the ship, I recommend the promenade area (deck 6 i think). It was a shaded area that hardly anybody ever used and always had a nice breeze blowing. We would walk around this area after dinner and in the early morning. A nice break from the busy pool area. Also the back deck behind islands cafe is very nice. good sunsets from back there. i got a couple good pictures there.

If you want a lounge chair by the pool you need to get there early. Personally, I recommend going up to the second deck. always plenty of chairs available and you don't have be out too early.

Next time, I'll handle my own transfers to and from the airport via taxi. Going to the port wasn't too bad via Celebrity's shuttle, although we had a long walk to the bus from the baggage area. Leaving the port to go back to the airport was a mess. People yelling at you to keep moving, "don't stop!!", and there was much confusion over which bus went to what terminal, and which bus was full and which wasn't. Big headache!

Overall, I loved the Century and would return.

Closed Thread