Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > All Other Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 AM

Can anyone comment on their experience with kids on the Royal Clipper (Star Cruises) in the Caribbean? My parents, who are in their '80's, want to take my daughters (ages 10 and 12) on a cruise this spring to the Grenadines on this ship. I am concerned that there won't be many kid-appropriate activities on the ship, and that my parents (who are not very active) won't be able to supervise them easily. My kids have not cruised before, though they are fairly independent and well-behaved. Any information or comments will be welcome; thanks.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

I've not sailed on this ship, but in an effort to answer your question I just read a review of the Royal Clipper from the October 2005 edition of Cruise Travel magazine.

This is a real sailing ship. There are no youth activities normally scheduled, and there are no youth facilities. The reviewer also noted that the ship has a much more pronounced motion than a normal cruise ship. In other words, the reviewer got seasick. There are no elevators. Getting around the ship requires gang planks, ladderways, and steps.

So - to me it would not appear to be a good idea to have the kids go. Actually it may not be a good idea for the parents either, given that you said they are not very active and in their 80's.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:27 AM

Unless your kids a pretty "atypical" I wouldn't recommend it. We just returned from a cruise on the Royal Clipper and it was great! But there were no other kids at all on the ship. There are very few activities for either kids or adults, other than making your own experience...there would be water sports, sightseeing, etc. The food is and other passengers are pretty sophisticated. If your kids would be happy with this type of trip - and I imagine some would - then I recommend it. If they are used to more typical childrens' vacations, this cruise is not for them

Closed Thread

Tags
clipper, kids, royal, starcruise